April 28, 2024, 06:01:50 AM

News:

For advertising inquiries or help with registration or other issues, you may contact us by email at help@harleytechtalk.com

Email addy available to public

Started by -deuced-, November 01, 2008, 02:19:55 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

-deuced-

November 01, 2008, 02:19:55 AM Last Edit: November 01, 2008, 03:04:01 AM by -deuced-
I ticked the checkbox during registration to prevent my email addy from being seen by public but it's there in the member list. So are most of the other members addresses. I've looked throughout my profile but haven't found anything to hide it. How do I hide it?

HV

HV HTT Admin ..Ride Safe ...But Ride informed with HTT !!
Skype HV.HTT

Caper

deuced... I looked at the members list and your name didn't have an envelope in the email column, so I think your email is hidden from members, you prolly just see it in your own profile.

-deuced-

thanks HV®, whenever you can is ok by me, I've no doubt you're busy. Of course I would expect admin to have access to all addy's.

I was hoping that maybe one of the members without an envelope might offer a suggestion. I notice my post has had a few 'views'.

btw caper - I don't know if you meant it to be or not, but I can see your addy.

HDDOC

Quote from: -deuced- on November 01, 2008, 04:30:58 AM
thanks HV®, whenever you can is ok by me, I've no doubt you're busy. Of course I would expect admin to have access to all addy's.

I was hoping that maybe one of the members without an envelope might offer a suggestion. I notice my post has had a few 'views'.

btw caper - I don't know if you meant it to be or not, but I can see your addy.

I can not. Doc
2019 Tri Glide

Caper

Yeah mines out there. Does it make me look fat?? ;D

HDDOC

I can find it in the profile, maybe thats what you meant.  Doc
2019 Tri Glide

Bob04RK

Your profile shows your e-mail is hidden

Coyote

Quote from: -deuced- on November 01, 2008, 02:19:55 AM
I ticked the checkbox during registration to prevent my email addy from being seen by public but it's there in the member list. So are most of the other members addresses. I've looked throughout my profile but haven't found anything to hide it. How do I hide it?

You can always see your email address. Others can not if you don't allow it. -k

starrider

Lookin better all the time...more user friendly.

Notice that i have the same problem with 'account preferences' ie secret question...email option... Inotherwords wish to have address undisclosed. Secret question does not work.

Although i am able to change the password...

Thanks guys...wonderful new home for HTT ;D

Baghr

I can't see your e-mail addy either when I bring up your profile-looks to have been fixed.

Baggerlady

I was wondering the same thing. Does mine show? Wow! This box now has spell check! I can usually spell stuff, its the typing that usually gets messed up! Brain faster than the fingers. Thanks again for the new site!

Baghr

November 01, 2008, 12:48:15 PM #13 Last Edit: November 01, 2008, 12:53:43 PM by Baghr
Baggerlady.- it shows up as hidden when i click on your profile.

Baggerlady

Thanks! Hubby might get upset if he knew the whole world could see it!