April 27, 2024, 10:25:48 AM

News:

For advertising inquiries or help with registration or other issues, you may contact us by email at help@harleytechtalk.com

Hello from upstate NY

Started by 04FLHP, January 10, 2011, 09:13:40 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

04FLHP

Hello to all
       I have read the public portion of this site a few times. A while back I was riding with a guy and we were talking tuning and HP and he mentioned that there was a large data base of dyno runs and specs as well as a vast wealth of information on tuning and fuel injection that members could read so here I am. I hate typing but love reading and I am a performance addict. I have helped out on a NHRA alcohol funny car team for a couple years and have built a couple 200+hp snowmobiles that ran 9.11 on asphalt. I bought my first Harley in 2003 and it has been a learning experience from that day on. I started with a used 2002 883R and at the end of the season decided I needed a 1200 kit. By the time I was done it was making over 110hp and 95tq. About 2006 I road from NY to NC on it and decide that for long distance I needed a more comfortable bike. While in the Carolinas I saw a 2004 Myrtle Beach police bike for sale on line and bought that. Now the sporty is just for around town and Sundays in the mountains. By 07 the FLHP needed some more HP so I went to a 95 kit and that just lead down the same road that it always does.
Head work, cams, throttle bodies, tuners and on and on. Now it is at 125hp and 118tq and is as much fun as the sporty which I don’t think I road more than 100 miles last year.
Well that's my story and I can see by the dyno and tuning sections that I came to the right place. I will have plenty to read for a while.
Hello to all and thank you for welcoming me to HTT
Ray

ultrat

Hello from south bend ind.  ';';' :smiled:

serider

Welcome from another upstate New Yorker. Dig in. I'm sure you will find whatever you need. Were are you upstate?
SERIDER
Upstate N.Y. (Southern Tier)