April 28, 2024, 03:46:54 AM

News:

For advertising inquiries or help with registration or other issues, you may contact us by email at help@harleytechtalk.com

Flywheel?

Started by catmcaw, December 26, 2008, 11:33:56 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

catmcaw

Does anyone know the difference between Flywheels 23906-93A and 23906-93B?

catmcaw

There must be a big difference between A&B because I see a $400 price difference. 
The best descriptions I can find are
   23906-93A  Flywheel Assy W/Conn. Rods
   23906-93B  Flywheel W/connecting Rod Assy.

14Frisco

I don't know what the difference is between 23906-93A and 23906-93B.

But, the way HD part numbers work, 23906-93B is simply an upgrade/new revision of 23906-93A.  23906-93A in turn was an upgrade of 23906-93, the original part which was first introduced in 1993 as indicated by the -93 suffix.  When there is a new revision like that, and a letter (A, B, ...) is added at the end, fitment is the same as for the original part.

Obviously, some dealer or vendor may have the old part on the shelf and still try to sell it to you, but you should buy the new upgraded version.

Note, if the suffix is a different year, then fitment is not the same.  E.g. 23906-97 (if there was such a thing) would not replace 23906-93B and wouldn't (necessarily) be a drop-in replacement for 23906-93B.

gryphon

Looks to me like your thinking about doing a little motor work. I noticed you were also interested in the T&O crank assembly's. If you're looking to get into a crank assembly for as reasonable as possible (something to consider with todays economy) you might want to check out the Ultima's. Normally I'm not a big fan of their's for the simple reason that they don't seem to have any interest in consumer support. No real tech line or anything for the end user. They haven't had any lower end problems with their motors though and these are the same assembly's. For $550 delivered to your door for either 4.25" or 4.5" stroke it may be something to consider.

catmcaw

14Frisco
  My frist thought was maybe the difference is the B has sarrated wheels for fuel injection but thats just a guess.
Gryphon
  I looked at the Ultima wheels but don't know about the balance. I think the Pistons Ultima uses in their 80" motors weighs 409 grams but have no idea how much a stock factory Evo piston weighs. 
  I want to build a Fatvo and it uses stock 4.25 wheels and they don't need to be rebalanced if Sputhe Fatvo pistons are used