April 27, 2024, 03:38:04 AM

News:

For advertising inquiries or help with registration or other issues, you may contact us by email at help@harleytechtalk.com

engine swap, electrical

Started by branas123, January 22, 2011, 10:02:01 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

branas123

i have a 1999 sportster, i have bought a wrecked 2007 fire bolt 1200 i am swaping the engine and need to know how i can keep it fuel injected using accesories like speedometer, tack, ect for a cruiser. or if i have to get a whole new fuel injection system.

garyajaz

will the buell downdraft injectors fit in you frame??

branas123

no it wont im looking for one that comes out the side

1FSTRK

How are you using a rubbermount engine in a 1999 frame?
"Never hang on to a mistake just because you spent time or money making it."

branas123

a lot a cutting and welding new brackets

1FSTRK

Do you have the buell wire harness and dfi box?
"Never hang on to a mistake just because you spent time or money making it."

branas123

yes i bought a wrecked buell i have the wire harness and everything, i need to find a 49mm throttle body that comes out the side that will hook up with the buell sensors also.  i talked to a mechanic today that told me that if i keep the speedo sensor plugged in it would work that i would have to run my factory speedo system to have a speedo.  this is my first project like this, it has been a lot so far, ive had to heat the back end of my frame and stretch it from 7 in to 8 3/4 in to fit this 180 rear wheel. i built my own swing arm out of 3/16 x 1 1/2 x 2 1/2 steel tube, a little over kill but it works with plenty strength.

mark61

Be intersted in seeing pictures and hearing how the project goes.

mark61