April 27, 2024, 06:19:20 AM

News:

For advertising inquiries or help with registration or other issues, you may contact us by email at help@harleytechtalk.com

1 1/4" bagger bar owners

Started by SHEEPDAWG, January 27, 2011, 10:16:08 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

SHEEPDAWG

January 27, 2011, 10:16:08 AM Last Edit: January 27, 2011, 10:27:10 AM by SHEEPDAWG
When installing your bars,did you re-use the rubber gromets for the inner fairing cap (ignition cap) ..or did you have to alter them or take them out?....mine are on a 03 electraglide
Biker-up!

hrdtail78

Semper Fi

JohnCA58

If they fit, I leave em in,   if they don't, leave em off
YOLO

SHEEPDAWG

Quote from: JohnCA58 on January 27, 2011, 11:05:24 AM
If they fit, I leave em in,   if they don't, leave em off

That's a common sense answer...hahahaha...I was more lookn for..if in general they didn't go back on or not...thanks guys
Biker-up!

TXChop

Most times not..Watch the rubbing on the inner fairing as well.

hrdtail78

I haven't seen any fit.  They push the fairing piece out of place, or the rubber gets pushed out of place.
Semper Fi

SHEEPDAWG

Biker-up!

JohnCA58

I have also taken the time to realign the fairing brackets so that the peices fit.  just takes more time.
YOLO

bigpete1

Big Dan

I tried like the dickens to get things aligned so I could use them, but was unable to. I feel better now, knowing that it's not just me.
Never follow the Hippo into the water.

SHEEPDAWG

I just cut the smaller end off and fir them in..but...they gave me the wrong 1piece clamp and it hits the igntion cover..ggrrr...so now I have to redo everything...lol
Biker-up!