May 01, 2024, 09:21:22 PM

News:

For advertising inquiries or help with registration or other issues, you may contact us by email at help@harleytechtalk.com

Paint went well...I think....

Started by jerite, December 27, 2008, 07:58:54 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

jerite

hey all-
Painted the tins last night. Bought some polyurethane hot rodz flat black from TPC global on ebay. Very impressed with the paint. Comes premeasured with hardener and reducer if needed, just mix all together strain and spray.  It appears to look good. i am no painter. but I set up my $12 paint booth in the garage and went after it. I will post pics hopefully by end of the weekend. Except for almost killing myself with fumes I think it well.
Jer
Less is more....let's keep it simple!

monty101

you know those urethane fumes aren't like enamel or lacquer even though those two have very toxic fumes too. Urethane fumes will coat your lungs with urethane and will kill you. I wouldn't advise using it with out a resirator or something equivalent... Just my 2c... tha paint job will be great though and will stand up well to gas too.....

jerite

yeah I had a respirator on..still filled the garage up ya know. yeah they are potent so if you use that paint be aware.
Jer
Less is more....let's keep it simple!