April 27, 2024, 04:57:53 PM

News:

For advertising inquiries or help with registration or other issues, you may contact us by email at help@harleytechtalk.com

Truett & Osborn?

Started by catmcaw, December 27, 2008, 12:44:01 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

catmcaw

Has anyone used Truett & Osborn to build their Flywheels?  If so, can you tell me the total price for parts & labor?
       Thanks

Blockhead80

catmcaw

Blockhead
  I 've already been to their site and all I can gather there is flywheels are $285 and thats about it. Not much detail but thanks for taking the time to reply.

Blockhead80

Truett and Osborn Cycle
3345 East 31st Street South
Wichita, KS  67216
316.682.4781    316.682.4853  (Fax)
9:00 AM - 6:00 PM (Central) Monday - Friday
9:00 AM - 4:00 PM Saturday
info@truettandosborn.com

Maybe you can call them for the information.

04glide

It looks to me they are $335 for the wheels only.

gryphon

I talked to them about a month ago and was told that a crank assembly with  4.5" stroke wheels, and I-beam rods would run me about a thousand bucks. That's assembled, balanced and trued. That was with their Torque Monster wheels which run about $50 more than their standard wheels. I ended up having a crank assembly , two pistons and a pair of cylinders shipped to them to be inspected , balance assembled and trued. They also were to check the cylinders to make sure they were properly sized to the pistons. These were all new 107ci parts i had bought on ebay and since it was their stuff that had been assembled elsewhere, I wanted them to check it all to make sure everything had been done correctly. As I recall it cost $189 not including shipping but including media blasting the polished finish off of the cylinder fins.  It seemed to me that their prices were on a par with S&S. They do have a good reputation so I wouldn't worry about that part of it..

catmcaw

Thanks Gryphon
  As usual, you are a big help.

Reddog74usa

Great folks and will set you up with the build you need. great advise and products. Been around for a long time.
RIDE IT LIKE YA STOLE IT

ricochet

Gryphon got it right on total cost for a complete assembly.  I think it was about $1026 to my door with configuration as described for a torque monster assembly.  That was a while ago so YMMV.

ricochet

rdkng

I wanted to use T&O as they're highly regarded, but I got S&S parts that were already
balanced and I got them set up locally.  anyway..

Gryphon, sounds like you have another cool project with the 107.  Please keep us
posted.  (as I also almost went that route before I decided to build a 89" stoker)

Hope everyone has a mighty fine '09...
rdkng
Happy Motoring, Road King George