April 27, 2024, 05:24:20 PM

News:

Need some help on parts

Started by 53Pan66shovel, December 27, 2008, 03:32:49 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

53Pan66shovel

ok guys it time to order parts i need to know a cam lifter blocks rollers pushrods im gonna run solids with an andrews cam i need to know what cam to order right now i got the stock harley hot cam thanks

Mule

The Andrews AB cam works well in Pans...Mule...

wreck74

I run a J grind Andrews cam, nice cam for a 1959 74" panhead.

ModelABob

I've always run an Andrew's 'A' grind in my '65 Pan.  As I stated in another thread I think the 'A' cam has a little more power boost in its design compared to the 'J' cam.  I'm also running stock original hyd. units converted to S&S solids
and pushrods.  All in what ya' want. :smiled:  The bike was once set up for an Andrews 'B' cam.....now your talking a major
boost in power (for me) for a mildly modified 74.  The scooter always has had straight pipes.  So with the power boost with the 'B' cam also came much, much more noise or music, depending on how you look at it! :dgust: I finally realized
that if I want to go fast and I mean real fast.  A Panhead ain't the way to do it......LOL :hyst:  I do have a 'BH' grind cam
I may try some day. :smileo:

Happy New Year & AMF/Ride Safe :wink:
To Ride, Shoot Straight & Speak the Truth.....  J. Cooper

stroker800

I run a B cam with solids in my 88",,maybe I could have went a little more aggressive...BUT wanted a daily driver,,,really.
Dave

fourthgear

You can run solids with the stock cam . We used to change all of the stock motors to solids when the lifters started to go out , it was much cheaper than replacing those troublesum hyd. lifters.(Pan's ,Shovels ,didn't matter)

I like Crane Cams and Jim's lifters,Hyd. or solids .

Pzokes

The Andrews cams are fine, but the Crane cams are newer designs.  Buy the next milder cam than the cam that you like the description of. 

When using solid lifters, I like using the early Panhead lifters.  The one piece units.  You don't need to buy the adaptors like you do for the later lifters, and the early lifters are a little lighter.
There's miles to go before I sleep.