April 27, 2024, 10:44:45 AM

News:

For advertising inquiries or help with registration or other issues, you may contact us by email at help@harleytechtalk.com

''HELP'' want to replace 21'' front wheel with 16''on 93 fxsts

Started by springer 1996, February 03, 2011, 07:28:17 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

springer 1996

I want a 16'' 80 spoke front wheel in place of the 21 on a 93 softail springer, brake on right side. Anyone done this? What all would be required? Need as much info as possible THANKS

paulkay

Don't know how many spokes are on wheels, my softail (1987 FXSTC) front wheel center rusted or wore thru. Replaced wheel with 19" and new stainless spokes. All three sizes are about same diameter (top of tire to bottom of tire) so speedo did not change much, 16" will need fender but staying with same center fit nice. Not much help just ideas.

svlhdleo

I have the same springer you have for a build in the future. I am being told that the 21" front wheel has a different offset on a Springer than on a FXST. If that is true would it be easier to have a 16" rim laced to your 21" hub? Just a thought. I will be watching to see how this works out.
Leo

JBarrettB

It can be done...the hub offset is the same, this is a chrome Fatboy wheel. The fender is mounted on the dog bones only the end on the spring fork is attached by a clamp. 

JB

[attachment removed after 60 days by system]
CAUTION: Comments may be sarcastic, clarification available upon request.