May 09, 2024, 12:48:58 AM

News:

Hillside 124 dual cam

Started by TripleT, February 09, 2011, 04:44:43 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

TripleT

Hi everyone, as a newer member I recently posted the following on Partycrashers 131 Hillside twin Cam post recently,

Hillside is working on my Night Train 124 currently,  head work to incorporate the new HP ink 62. After that, Mr. Joe will perform his magic, I was turning out 148/154 all summer and had a blast. I will post the results when my NT is unleashed, I hope to be part of that 150 plus club.

Scott called today, he told me my bike is up and running, actually pulled a dyno run and was very very excited with the results. CFM increases are extremely impressive to say the least, changing from the 58 to 62 will no doubt transfer those extra gulps of air into HP and TQ. I will be picking up my bike on Friday and then to Joescycle for the final stage. I will post the runs when finished, but I do believe there will be some big numbers thanks to the expert knowledge of Hillside and Joes outstanding tuning. 

Constipated people don't give a crap

mayor

Quote from: TripleT on February 09, 2011, 04:44:43 PM
I will post the runs when finished......
if you plan on posting the dyno charts, make sure you ask Joe for a sheet with SAE correction. To avoid other potential controversies you may also want to ask him to use WinPep7 software to report the results.   :up:
warning, this poster suffers from bizarre delusions

Admiral Akbar

QuoteI do believe there will be some big numbers thanks to the expert knowledge of Hillside and Joes outstanding tuning. 

And don't forget Joe's dyno..

Max

Redrubicon2004

Quote from: mayor on February 09, 2011, 05:40:18 PM
I will post the runs when finished......
if you plan on posting the dyno charts, make sure you ask Joe for a sheet with SAE correction. To avoid other potential controversies you may also want to ask him to use WinPep7 software to report the results.   :up:
:pop:

hrdtail78

Joe puts up big numbers. I am sure you will be very happy with your sheet.

Semper Fi

TripleT

Mayor, thanks for the info, I certainly don't want to cause any controversies regarding dyno charts.

mayor

no worries T.  :up: The site recently enacted a SAE correction policy for dyno sheets, so I figured I'd let you know before you get the bike tuned so you could ask for the right chart.  :teeth:   You can post any other correction factors you want as well (or actual if you so choose), you just need to have one chart in SAE correction. 

Hillside Motorcycle

Bike showed 140 plus, SAE, here, being lean.
Heads pulled big stuff across the flow bench. :teeth:
Scott
Otto Knowbetter sez, "Even a fish wouldn't get caught if he kept his mouth shut"

autoworker

I can't wait to see the results of that unleashed Night Train. :up: :up:
It must be true,I read it on the internet.

biggzed

Hi everyone, as a newer member I recently posted the following on Partycrashers 131 Hillside twin Cam post recently,

Hillside is working on my Night Train 124 currently,  head work to incorporate the new HP ink 62. After that, Mr. Joe will perform his magic, I was turning out 148/154 all summer and had a blast. I will post the results when my NT is unleashed, I hope to be part of that 150 plus club.

You did headwork and an HPI TB to chase 2+ hp? Color me jealous. LOL

Hope you achieve your 150 plus club goal.

Zach

partycrasher

triple t.    Rumor has it that she's gonna rip.....scotts old dyno isn't set up for FI tuning...so if he's pulling 140 sae untuned....i think you may just hit that 150HP....keep us posted and congratulations.

TripleT

biggzed, big bucks for just adding 2 hp, what else can you send money on and enjoy the thrill of twisting the throttle? Honestly, I believe my bike will turn some impressive numbers, we will know next week. I appreciated everyones post and support.

TripleT

Bike picked up at Hillside yesterday, sounds like a monster. Dropped off at Joes, should have some numbers this coming week.

partycrasher

TripleT

Contacted by Hillside and Joe for an update on dyno numbers around 4:30pm today, bike is making unbelievable power. Bike still needs to be tunned to its full potential but I will say this, Hillside has produced excellent work for me in the past, but this tops everything I have seen! The report I'm looking at is almost surreal, and the bike is not even completely tunned :beer: So far its 160.3 hp/158.5 tq,  can't wait to see the final numbers..

mayor

Quote from: TripleT on February 15, 2011, 02:43:46 PM
bike is making unbelievable power. Bike still needs to be tunned to its full potential but I will say this, Hillside has produced excellent work for me in the past, but this tops everything I have seen! The report I'm looking at is almost surreal, and the bike is not even completely tunned :beer: So far its 160.3 hp/158.5 tq,  can't wait to see the final numbers..
that is unbelievable results, congrats. 

partycrasher

Triple T......i think your steppin on the toes of my 131 with those numbers.......congrats!! Nice to have another member of the 150 HP club!!!

Deye76

Triple T, a runner for sure. I'm thinking with that kind of power your over 11.5:1. You must have good fuel in your area.
East Tenn.<br /> 2020 Lowrider S Touring, 2014 CVO RK,  1992 FXRP

autoworker

Can't wait to see the final numbers! :up: :up:
It must be true,I read it on the internet.

TripleT

Mayor, I appreciate the post, :up:  Partycrasher, I don't think I will step to heavy on your toes, I understand your bike rocks. :angry:  Deye76, compression is 11.7:1, I have experimented with a few cams on this build, 9f was to hard at the onset and died off around 5000, currently run the 640, this is more my riding style and at 3700 comes on strong and pulls hard throughout the powerband. Its hard telling what fuel you get these days, I filled up at a station that I was told has good gas. I did the same last year with my snowmobile and it melted down shortly after my gps blast of 116mph. The conditions today were condusive for tuning, SAE is in the 150's from my conversation with Joe.

rob71458

I was wondering when I would hear about your bike. Very impressive! Those 640's do seem to make power, don't they? Are you running reworked SE110 heads too?
2007 SERK 124, S&S jugs,SE110 heads,640G's,11.5, 58/62 HPI,Bandit,DD7,Bzilla

TripleT

Rob, thanks for the post, about the SE heads, had them on my inital 124 build but after some extensive hillside work and Joe's tune but they just didn't seem to flow and produce the results expected, gobs of tq, but hp not to impressive I believe around 130, but that was with the 9f, wish I had the 640 to compare. I consulted Scott and decided to change to S&S as a total package. I was very happy last year with the cam choice, the 640 seems to compliment this build.. :up:

partycrasher

....that's mad power in a night train....and it's a good cam choice for that bike.!!!

rob71458

Good Grief!! Now I am wondering if I should step up to a larger TB. I am only running a 55.   :scratch:  Scott? What do you think?  :bike:
2007 SERK 124, S&S jugs,SE110 heads,640G's,11.5, 58/62 HPI,Bandit,DD7,Bzilla

Hillside Motorcycle

Rob,
With your heads, it is probably holding it back some.
Give me a yell.
Scott
Otto Knowbetter sez, "Even a fish wouldn't get caught if he kept his mouth shut"