May 08, 2024, 06:45:04 PM

News:

For advertising inquiries or help with registration or other issues, you may contact us by email at help@harleytechtalk.com

Roadglide windshield

Started by rayfeldt, December 28, 2008, 03:07:21 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

rayfeldt

I have the chance to buy a blemished winshield from Clearview but it has a light grey tint.  I've never had anything but clear, is the light grey better or worse?  Why? 
Thanks,
Ray

still_on2_wheels

Is the grey within your line of sight when viewing normally?

Jeff
Shiney side up please.

seattledyna

that sounds like a deal! from their pics the light gray is not all that dark.

how much for the blem?   I am really thinking of getting the "large" windshield in the light gray.

http://clearviewshields.com/shop/product.php?id=9

seattledyna

160 is a good price, they charge 25 extra for tint and the large is $175, so $200 plus tax and shipping

maybe someone will post that has a light gray tint, I think with my black bike it would look good

looks like yours is smokey gold  which would look good as well.

btw, their site says prices go up after the 1st

twincamzz

December 29, 2008, 02:45:00 AM #4 Last Edit: December 29, 2008, 02:58:35 AM by twincamzz
I have the grey tinted clearview shield with recurve on my '02 FLTR. Very pleased with not only the looks but the performance as well. The recurve seems to create a "pocket" that does away with most if not all of the buffeting I was experiencing before. The grey tint does not impede my view in any way & adds to the look of the shield. Took awhile to get the shield however I think it was worth the wait. JMHO.
not all who wander are lost...

seattledyna

zj1182

Rayfeldt:

Airtran and Southwest Air have great prices to warm places right now...LOL.

zj

Big Dan

Will a Roadglide fit in the overhead compartment?

It will if you break it down into small enough pieces.  :hyst:
Never follow the Hippo into the water.

Old Crow

I actually brought a wide glide front end back home in my checked luggage one time.  Had to pay extra for one of the suitcases, though.  Gal at the ticket counter couldn't barely lift the bag off the scale.  :hyst:
This ain't Dodge City, and you ain't Bill Hickock.