May 04, 2024, 03:26:41 PM

News:

For advertising inquiries or help with registration or other issues, you may contact us by email at help@harleytechtalk.com

Oil sumping-cause/Fix

Started by Tre_11 FLHX, December 29, 2008, 04:53:11 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tre_11 FLHX

December 29, 2008, 04:53:11 AM Last Edit: December 29, 2008, 04:57:56 AM by mzodarg
Not that I have this issue.  I have read numerous threads on diagnosing the issue.  But I don't recall reading what the cause and fix are.  I apologise if this has been covered.  As stated in my numerous post's, I am a novice-just trying to learn and understand.   :wink: I am assuming it has to due with oil pump alignment and O rings.

As always TIA,
Mike

Modified to add last sentence
11 103 FLHX-TW555 cams,10.5:1, FM 2-1-2 ex, FM heads, VPC, JP mufflers, PV tuner

Billy

I'm sure there are other causes as well but here are a few that comes to mind.

Pinched or bad o-ring in the scavenge port. Simple fix with new o-ring.

Worn out OP, clearances too large to scavenge properly. Replace OP.

Shifted flywheels taking out the oil pump. Major engine overhaul to fix.

Broken internal engine part going through scavenge gerotors taking out OP. Major overhaul.

Lazyness is the Mother of Invention

04glide

When I had the problem it was a pinched "O" ring.

Ratfade

In my case it was a broken O-ring. The symptoms were a sluggish engine that ran extremely hot.

mori55

roadkingjack

I had asked in an earlier post,thanks for getting me an answer.Any other comments on this?My problem was after adding s.e. 203 cams the motor loses power before hitting rev limiter.More low torque but losses power in the top end.

[attachment removed after 60 days by system]
2013 Street Glide .

Tre_11 FLHX

Roadking- your symptons sound typicall of the 203 cam. They are great down low-but fall off fast.  I am no expert, but I did have 203's in a 95" softail.

Mike
11 103 FLHX-TW555 cams,10.5:1, FM 2-1-2 ex, FM heads, VPC, JP mufflers, PV tuner