Just asking...2005 conversion fm carb to EFI?

Started by 05FLHTC, February 26, 2011, 07:19:58 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

05FLHTC

What all would I need to obtain to swap my carb to EFI?

Oh & one more thing, if I was to consider this, I would desire it to also be closed loop.

Only "considering this at this time"...

Please I am not trying to start the great debate on EFI vs Carb, just looking for what would be needed & possibly what the cost & viability of this would be.

TIA!
Illinois the Corruption Capitol of USA

Don D

Sure it can and has been done. Best bet is get a used take-off from a 04-05 same model bike including wiring harness coil and all EFI gear. Buying the stuff new will be prohibitive.

05FLHTC

mayor

TXCHOP did the same conversion on an '05 carb bike.  My guess is he probably has a list of parts that he used. 
warning, this poster suffers from bizarre delusions

FLTRI

Quote from: Deweysheads on February 26, 2011, 07:46:18 AM
...get a used take-off from a 04-05 same model bike including wiring harness coil and all EFI gear. Buying the stuff new will be prohibitive.
Best advice!  :up:
Bob
The best we've experienced is the best we know
Always keep eyes and mind open

TXChop

Yup, did it on mine last year.
Super simple swap. The work should only take you half a day before its injected!

Now for the hard part, finding everything you need...CHEAP!

Fuel pump assembly. Look to ebay,but get a new filter, hoses, gaskets and bolts.
T/body. Look to ebay again. Find a good 2 piece tbody with all the sensors and injectors, rail etc complete.
Efi coil and stock wires on ebay a lot as well.
Wiring harness. New is 140ish..I went that way. Better off imo. Simple install as well. PLugs into to main harness and justs lays on the backbone.
ecm...used with a vin will keep you out of the dealer for ecm programming. Just make sure you are getting what you want first. New blank ecms have to be birthed by a dealer before your bike will start.
tuning device..Whatever you think is best for you. Read here and other places first. Be it a TTS, tmax, etc....

Shop smart and you could do it for way less than a grand and have a better running bike if tuned properly.

pm me if you need and info, or post up.

05FLHTC

Thanks for the info sorry for my lack of response.  :up:

Got a few other changes in store that is using up my funds at the moment.