May 04, 2024, 09:18:07 AM

News:

For advertising inquiries or help with registration or other issues, you may contact us by email at help@harleytechtalk.com

Sundowner or Touring, Dyna Seats

Started by coolingfin, December 29, 2008, 10:11:13 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

coolingfin

Thinkin' 'bout a new seat for my 07 Superglide.
When looking at the HD catalog, I can't tell much difference between the Sundowner and the Touring seat, except the price.  Anyone know why the Sundowner costs more?

Bigs

I don't know anything about the Touring Seat but I can tell you the Sundowner is very comfortable seat for long distance. I have one on my Sportster, one friend has one on a Wide Glide, another friend and my son have them on their Road Kings and we are all happy with them. They don't spread your legs out as far compared to the stock Road King seat and you seem to sit a little lower.
   Bigs

coolingfin

Hummm... not sure I like the idea of sitting lower.. have a knee problem that makes me want to sit further away from the mid mounted footpeg.... maybe the Tallboy seat would work better for me.

Bigs

I think it is 1/2 inch lower but not sure.
   Bigs

Skullfork

The Sundowner will move you down and back. It's a very comfortable seat.

You could try going to your local dealer first and see if they'll let you try the seats out on your bike if they have them in stock. When you pay that kind of money you want to make sure you get it right.  That's what I did and it changed my mind on what I thought I wanted after actually getting to sit on them.

calgary56

December 29, 2008, 01:14:50 PM #5 Last Edit: December 29, 2008, 01:19:47 PM by calgary56
I can't say anything about the touring seat, but I have a Sundowner on my 2005 Wide Glide, and it is comfortable on those long hauls, I'm talking 1,600 Km (1,000 mile ) plus days, .... no problems. Sundowner - seat is 1" wider.

The Sundownerâ,,¢ seat provides the maximum in long-riding comfort, along with a healthy helping of style and quality. This seat features a deep, contoured rider bucket that provides lower back support to keep you comfortable longer. The wide passenger pillion gives your passenger added comfort as well. Seat width: 16"; passenger pillion width: 12".

For those looking for long-range comfort when riding their Dyna® motorcycle, this Touring Seat delivers. The seat is styled to complement the Wide Glide® motorcycle Original Equipment seat, and the deep bucket rider position and the wide passenger pillion are shaped to provide additional passenger room and comfort. Seat width: 15"; passenger pillion width: 12".
Live Long, ... Out Ride the Reaper !

bigpete1

i put a mustang vintage seat on my 06 superglide no fringe or conchos ,harley seats do not compete with these seats if you ask me ,i have tryed the custom seat on it looked good but you could not ride over 125miles  without soar backside ,thanks pete