April 27, 2024, 03:16:25 PM

News:

For advertising inquiries or help with registration or other issues, you may contact us by email at help@harleytechtalk.com

O6 Nightrod Makeover

Started by Tbones, March 02, 2011, 11:33:27 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tbones

March 02, 2011, 11:33:27 PM Last Edit: March 02, 2011, 11:35:28 PM by Tbones
Last September I was rearended by a cage driver with no insurance and totaled my 05 VRSCB.  I was running the Trask turbo on it, luckily the bike went down on the left side so I was able to salvage the turbo and the Pingel EZ shifter.  Bought a 06D as a replacement.

I'm still hasseling with the insurance on the settlement (I had no insurance on my policy) but when I do get it I plan on doing a complete makeover on this rod.  My old rod dyno'd out at 155 hp to the rear, this year I expect to be close to 195 hp to the rear.

I'll be sending the turbo back to Nick to have him put an external waste gate and manual boost control (I'll be upping the boost to 10 lbs) on and a new custom exhaust pipe (I never did like the looks of the stock one that comes with the kit) and he'll be doing some headwork as well.  Larger injectors, stock cams, stronger valve springs etc.

As for the case I'll be getting Doherty's crank brace, countershaft bearing support and his oil pan to help support the cases.  Might add in a water/alcohol injection, not sure right now.  That might wait until next winter.  Other than that, I'll spiff it up a lil with some bling here and there, Arnott's for the back and do some internal changes to the front end with the super brace.  LOL lots of what to do but can't do until I get my greedy lil hands on the money :)

Oh and if anybody out there wants to swapt out forward controls for my mids, PM me.  Thanks.
=IF IT DON'T DO 150 IT AIN'T WORTH HAVING=