May 02, 2024, 10:34:40 AM

News:

For advertising inquiries or help with registration or other issues, you may contact us by email at help@harleytechtalk.com

reworked Mik 48

Started by -JC-1, March 05, 2011, 02:13:21 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

-JC-1

IIRC, was there a thread some time ago about tuning a Mik 48, maybe adding a bowl extension?

I've done some searches but can't find what I think I remember-

Max was this you?

help an old guy with a foggy memory out     :teeth:

joe

04 FLHT-S&S 124-Baisley-640ez-xxx super g-IST-02-FXST 103 NRA Patron SAF Life

Admiral Akbar

This is me..

There might have been some discussion about bigger float bowls for the 48.. It never went vary far though I red to talk Red in to making a some.. He didn't buy it..  I've made a baffle that fits around the main jet that seems to help..

Max

-JC-1

thanks Max, I think I'm trying to fix a problem I don't have-

1FSTRK

I have seen the bowl welded up to make it bigger and it did work but not as good as a fuel pump and a regulator. The pump and regulator made the 48 very easy to jet.
"Never hang on to a mistake just because you spent time or money making it."

hrdtail78

Quote from: MaxHeadflow on March 05, 2011, 05:05:41 PM
This is me..

There might have been some discussion about bigger float bowls for the 48.. It never went vary far though I red to talk Red in to making a some.. He didn't buy it..  I've made a baffle that fits around the main jet that seems to help..

Max

Got any pics of the baffle?
Semper Fi

hrdtail78

Your 48 should have that installed already.  That's to upgrade the smaller 45's and 42's.
Semper Fi

-JC-1

Quote from: hrdtail78 on March 06, 2011, 09:52:05 AM
Your 48 should have that installed already.  That's to upgrade the smaller 45's and 42's.

you are right, I just went out and looked at it

Admiral Akbar

hrdtail78

Thanks Max.

Guess the theroy is keeping fuel in cap full?  What did you make that out of?  I looked at the Fuel inlet to float needle.  Didn't see any way to improve on the 48.  Pretty open stock.
Semper Fi