April 27, 2024, 09:12:02 AM

News:

Hope To Bring Some Decent Rodders To This Forum

Started by Tbones, March 07, 2011, 04:12:11 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tbones

I've been telling friends and bro's about this site.  Hopefully, this part of the forum will grow once they see that this site isn't like the one that bans folks just because the cliche doesn't like you or agree with what you say.  There are some good wrenches there that need to be here to pass on their knowledge, they are wasting it on that other forum that is run by a bunch of grade schoolers who pick and choose who'll they'll allow in thier sandbox.
=IF IT DON'T DO 150 IT AIN'T WORTH HAVING=

cig

Good luck. It would be great to see this site pick up.   :up:
cig 
Alton, Illinois

rbabos

Not sure  :wtf: is wrong with me lately but I seem to be attracted to the vrod lately. Love the engine. Time will tell if I make the switch.
Ron

Tbones

No luck so far, rodders are a fickle bunch, oh well...  Life goes on...

rbabos

Quote from: Tbones on March 22, 2011, 11:43:32 AM
No luck so far, rodders are a fickle bunch, oh well...  Life goes on...
Well, we both know where they are. Personally I've avoided (so far) going to the dealer and sitting on one just in case I like it too much. :hyst:
Ron

Tbones

LOL well if you decide to bite the bullet on one, don't buy new...  You can get Rods with low miles on them, some less than a 1000 miles for under 10k...  That way you'll have the cask for the mod's you will eventually do to it :)...

rbabos

Quote from: Tbones on March 26, 2011, 06:22:38 PM
LOL well if you decide to bite the bullet on one, don't buy new...  You can get Rods with low miles on them, some less than a 1000 miles for under 10k...  That way you'll have the cask for the mod's you will eventually do to it :)...
Not seeing those kind of deals in Canada. Lot's of good deals state side and will likely go that route should the bug bite me. At 58 a lot will depend on seating comfort as well, and I'm seeing limited options especially in the handlebar area for improving that.
Ron

Tbones

Quote from: rbabos on March 27, 2011, 11:40:26 AM
Quote from: Tbones on March 26, 2011, 06:22:38 PM
Not seeing those kind of deals in Canada. Lot's of good deals state side and will likely go that route should the bug bite me. At 58 a lot will depend on seating comfort as well, and I'm seeing limited options especially in the handlebar area for improving that.
Ron
True, the V-Rod has always been the redheaded step child as far as "aftermarket" parts and accessories go but it is improving...  Here's a couple sites that do have seat and handlebar options among other things...

http://www.cyclevisions.com/
http://www.grcustoms.com/shop/index.php?cPath=1
http://www.bitchinseats.com/01/modules/multiMenu/

avman

I don't bring knowledge, but I do have a '11 VRSC-F... now if I stay at a Holiday Inn Express... :wink:

wickedporter

I'm around, and bring a decent amount of beginnerish knowledge for the 1250 revolution engine.

I'm currently running Tab slip-ons, Amsoil air filter, topless with the TTS base tune for this config, and would like to report that the TTS base tune for this config freakin' rocks, as far as I can tell. :) I've not done any VTunes with it yet, primarily because I don't feel I need to.

WP

avman

hey WP! thanks for the heads up about this forum. I visited my bike at H-D earlier this week and shouldn't have...it is makin me want to get it back sooner. should be ready soon-damn painted parts from the mo co are the holdup.

Panzer

Have to agree with Tbones,
Son just bought an 06' V-Rod with 4K on the clock for less then 7K.
Excellent shape, V&H pipes looks like the only mod on it. :up:
He tried two Dyna Glide's and he said the ride was better on the "V".
His choice, I only helped......he's happy. :teeth:
Everyone wants to change the world but, no one wants to change the toilet paper.

Sporty 48

The Sporty is almost the way I want it.
Started looking at V-Rods.
When the time is right, Lord willin' and the crik don't rise.....
A Sportster, Bird-dogs and an old Airstream, How Sweet It Is.

Tbones

If anyone here that is a rodder interested in staying in touch PM me and I'll tell ya where I hang out...  I've begun ordering all the parts and pieces for my 06 Nightrod makeover and will be posting with pic's on the progress as I go...  Because of the problems with my bagger, I won't be able to do what I wanted to do to the motor this go round and up the boost to 10 lbs but, maybe next year if the good lords will'en and the creek don't rise...  Take care, hope all are having a great season so far...  Keep those knees in the breeze and the rubber side down...

Sporty 48

Starting to look for a VRod.
What do I need to look for?
Any suggestions..........

Sporty 48

Ron,
Went on FleaBay to get a feel for the prices. Cannot imagine buying a new one the way they depreciate.
When I checked out the gas mileage, nearly died. Why should a 1200cc get 35 mpg? A pig? or really High performance?
So far looking for 5 gal tank and narrow rear tire......

Eric in Chicago

V Rod is a great bike, puts a smile on my face every time I saddle up. Sporty, mine is the most expensive one on ebay right now if your really looking to go all out.
http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=110743096205&ssPageName=STRK:MESELX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1555.l2649

All my miles this year have been on the souped up Ultra with my 120r, but when I throw a leg over the V Rod, it is heaven. If I lived in a warm weather area, I would keep them both

As others have mentioned, there are some great deals on used stock V Rods and from what I have seen being part of the V Rod community for the past 3 years, they never, never break.

Hal64hd

Quote from: Sporty 48 on August 24, 2011, 02:42:46 PM
Ron,
Went on FleaBay to get a feel for the prices. Cannot imagine buying a new one the way they depreciate.
When I checked out the gas mileage, nearly died. Why should a 1200cc get 35 mpg? A pig? or really High performance?
So far looking for 5 gal tank and narrow rear tire......

08D not the dx has the 180 rear and 5 gallon tank along with brembo brakes and slipper clutch

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/Harley-Davidson-VRSC-VRSCD-Harley-Davidson-2008-VROD-VRSCD-Night-Rod-Mint-low-mi-/190578799183?pt=US_motorcycles&hash=item2c5f61b24f