May 10, 2024, 06:34:24 AM

News:

For advertising inquiries or help with registration or other issues, you may contact us by email at help@harleytechtalk.com

WTB FXRS-CON Saddlebags FOUND

Started by JamesButler, March 07, 2011, 08:14:33 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

JamesButler

March 07, 2011, 08:14:33 AM Last Edit: April 07, 2011, 06:36:21 AM by JamesButler
Want to buy a set of FXRS-Convertible saddlebags with all necessary brackets and hardware.  Obsolete and hard to find, so a good condition used set would be welcomed.  Please contact me with any info.  Thanks.

Buglet

JamesButler

I'm pretty sure the FXRS-CONV were made from 1989 - 1993.

JamesButler

But the p/n for the bags and hardware ends in -89, so they were originally made in 1989.

seattledyna

March 08, 2011, 09:56:13 AM #4 Last Edit: March 10, 2011, 09:32:35 AM by seattledyna
I had a '94 FXDS-conv with those bags, they were very nice, looked good and went on/off/ very easily, didnt realize they were so hard to find

JamesButler

Seattle,
I'm guessing you don't have the bags anymore?

seattledyna

that dyna was five bikes ago, but somehow the name stuck around here :wink:

those should be the bags yer looking for, they had a hard shell on the back and a combination of heavy nylon/leather on the outside

Old Crow

Actually he just posted the pics so he could show off his beautiful paint job.   :wink:
This ain't Dodge City, and you ain't Bill Hickock.

seattledyna

zn14

since the pictured bike is a dyna, those bags will not fit an FXR

seattledyna

my bad, that was my 94 "FXDS" conv , the 91 FXRS is the one I have now...NOT that bike  :wink:

Old Crow

See, I told you.  Don't feel bad, Mike, I've used several excuses to post the pic of my 2 identically painted FLT's side by side too.  Don't see how I can fit it into this thread, though.  :scratch:

ClassicRider2002

Quote from: Old Crow on March 10, 2011, 09:54:06 AM
See, I told you.  Don't feel bad, Mike, I've used several excuses to post the pic of my 2 identically painted FLT's side by side too.  Don't see how I can fit it into this thread, though.  :scratch:
:hyst: 
MIGHTY MOUSE CAM
LOW END TORQUE JUNKIE 2

Hogman

Quote from: Old Crow on March 10, 2011, 09:54:06 AM

Old Crow, MAYBE, yur just Not Trying Hard Enough....   :wink:   :scratch:   :hyst:
Hogman

Old Crow

Nah, ain't gonna do it.  It's already been posted in both the evo and shovel(one of each in the pic) forums in the "show me" theads and in a couple of others.  Besides, this thread's got far enough OT as it is.  I was just tryin' to yank Mike's chain a bit is all.

Hogman

"I was just tryin' to yank Mike's chain a bit is all."

Yep, Kinda Fingered That.  LOLOL
Hogman

JamesButler

I just found a complete set of the FXR-Convertible saddlebags on ebay this week - never been used.  Was about to pull the trigger on a used set but then searched under "Harley Davidson saddlebags" instead of "FXR parts" and found them.   

Old Crow

Hey, Hogman, you were right, I wasn't trying hard enough.  Check out the General forum under a post intitled "just pulled the trigger on a Road Glide Ultra".  I found my excuse.  :bike:

Hogman

Quote from: Old Crow on March 17, 2011, 12:16:57 PM
Hey, Hogman, you were right, I wasn't trying hard enough.  Check out the General forum under a post intitled "just pulled the trigger on a Road Glide Ultra".  I found my excuse.  :bike:

Ha Ha Ha Ha  Yep, Seen That!!!!!   :up: :up:  NICCCE!!!!!
Hogman

hbkeith

Hey James ,can you post a pic or link to picture of Bags ?,i think i might have  those bags (not 4sale) nice to know excactly what they are

JamesButler

Keith,

Sent you a PM regarding the bags.