April 27, 2024, 04:07:38 PM

News:

For advertising inquiries or help with registration or other issues, you may contact us by email at help@harleytechtalk.com

Seat for '09 Tourer

Started by Golfman, December 29, 2008, 07:48:35 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Golfman

I'd like to find a nice seat for my 09 Street Glide that will better allow me to put my feet firmly on the ground without lowering the front end. I don't like the H-D reach seat because I don't want to be moved forward - just a little lower and/or able to get my legs closer to the Bike. Has anyone tried anything from Danny Gray or LaPera or other that will work. I don't care if it is a solo or two-up, but I will take at least one trip of 1200 miles each way this Summer.
Golfman
Dave

seattledyna

the LaPera solo seat I have for evo bagger looks amazing, and lets me sit much lower, but its hard to go more than 75 miles without suffering.

maybe you could get one of the many good seat builders to modify the stock seat

is the streetglide and roadglide seats the same?

Golfman

I did have a little taken out of the stock seat but the width in the thigh area is the same and that is what causes the problem. I'm not sure about the RoadGlide seat. I wonder if LaPera added is optional Gel to the seat if it would add height or do they take some foam out first. I think a good travel seat the same height as stock but slimmer in the thigh area may work good. I'm actually OK now but would like a little safety margin.
Golfman
Dave

Tre_11 FLHX

Golfman- I can Highly recommend the HD signature solo seat with passenger pilon .

read review: http://harleytechtalk.net/htt/index.php?topic=1049.0 
11 103 FLHX-TW555 cams,10.5:1, FM 2-1-2 ex, FM heads, VPC, JP mufflers, PV tuner

FLTRI

If you want a good seat that will allow you to be lower yet ride all day, go see Corbin in Daytona. If they do the same thing in Florida as in California, you can go there and get the seat built to you and your size, shape and height.
As always,
JMHO,
Bob
The best we've experienced is the best we know
Always keep eyes and mind open

Golfman

Thanks Mzodarg:
I called the dealer to see if they had on in stock that I could put on the Bike and sit on it. They didn't but said they were getting one in. They did have the following ones in stock that I am going to check out. Has anyone heard anything good or bad about the following and will they help to get my feet more solidly on the ground than the stock seat:
52095-08     Leather Low-Profile Bucket Seat
51527-09     Rallyrunner Seat- plain
52067-08     Badlander Seat for Touring Models
51526-09     Sidekick Seat
52093-08     Sundowner Deep Bucket Seat - smooth; and 51630-09 with Street Glide stitching
51525-09     Brawler Seat - plain

I don't have a significant other so I can always put the stock seat with detachable Pass. backrest on - if I get lucky.
I do take at least one long distance trip a year. This year from Florida to Gettysburg, PA and back in JUly
Golfman
Dave
Thanks for all the help !!
Happy New Year