After One Year Of Television With RABBIT EARS...

Started by JamLazyAss, December 29, 2008, 08:48:13 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

JamLazyAss

Yep it's true. I've been watching tv with rabbit ears for over a year. Just had the Dish Network Satilite installed.
So what did I get to watch tonight you ask? How about a new episode of OCC !
Now remember, it's been over a year so bear with me.

I got to see Paul Sr get married  :wtf: I thought this was supposed to be a bike show?
They did go visit the National Guard in PA, that was ok. Guess they're going to do a NG bike? Might be a re-run for all I know.

The biggest thing that caught my eye (or should I say didn't), was that Vinnie and the kid that did the sheetmetal work were absent.
Was it just tonight or did they get fired, quit, get smart, start their own show, etc etc..?

I'd like to see how that bike turned out, but after a half hour...
Wish they'd stay focused more on the bikes and less (much less) of the fighting and joking around.
But if that what sells, guess I can't blame them.
I'd like to "enjoy" the show, but they make it tough with the way it's formatted.
I know there's a lot of OCC bashers here, and I'm trying not to be one of them.
Just stating my observations.
I'm not a proctologist, but I know an asshole when I see one...

tireater

OCC...A big fat blow hard tells his son how stupid he is on nat'l T.V. to make big bucks.....I'm not impressed even w/o the unrideable bikes.... :down:
Ride it...Break it...Fix it...Repeat...

truck

Yep it's true. I've been watching tv with rabbit ears for over a year

Good gawd man! Do you have medical insurance? A plastic surgeon can fix that! :teeth:
Listen to the jingle the rumble and the roar.

04glide

I had only rabbit ears for many years. I didn't get cable till i married my current wife seven years ago. I don't watch OCC and wish we still only had rabbit ears. For all I care the TV can go too.

FLH

I just got Dish network about three weeks ago. Not bad. I was tired of being screwed by the local cable co. (Comcast) The last straw was a deal where they interrupt your service repeatedly, and then when you call in to report the problem, they tell you that you can fix that by upgrading to digital cable. :wtf: At around 85 bucks for four TVs connected and standard service, I told them to stick it.
Now I pay less for more. :teeth:

04customking

I can't stand the show either. Don't know how it stays on the air. I did hear that Vinnie and Cody quit and started their own shop building bikes.
Jim  '54 FL Pan. '04 RK Custom

04customking

Jim  '54 FL Pan. '04 RK Custom

vans24

I don't think going to a Harley super box store  buying all the parts, assembling them , then welding a bunch of useless crap on . then whine and moan while doing it makes anyone a custom bike "fabricator" anyhow. not like the real  bike fabricators like Jesse James , Indian Larry R.I.P and all the others that actually make parts, frames ,  tanks and so forth . they are the real fabricators.. just my opinion :beer:

chengdave2003

We live way out in the boonies.  Cable television is not available.  The first three years we lived here we tried the various satellite companies (Direct and Dish satellites).  Neither could provide us with local stations, so we had to use rabbit ears to watch the local news or network television.  This year, with the coming of digital tv, we installed a roof antenna with an electric rotator and a digital converter.  We now get far more stations than we could get with rabbit ears, including the local stations.  Of course we can't receive the stations available only to cable/satellite subscribers, but we only watched about 10 stations out of the 200 or so we could before.  We did not renew our satellite contract and haven't looked back.

Something we found out in time, if you decide to buy a digital converter and live relatively close to Canada, buy one that provides "analog pass thru".  Canada is not going digital for a couple more years, and with the "pass thru" you can watch their analog stations also.  Otherwise the digital converter will not allow the analog signal through.

Dave
http://s301.photobucket.com/albums/nn60/chengdave2003/Harley%20Davidson/

Flat Dog

Dave, if you connect a computer with broadband access to your TV, you can watch a whole lot of shows for free: http://www.hulu.com/

Also, Netflix offers downloadable movies now. No need for cable, satellite, etc any more except for net access.

JamLazyAss

What about that guy Rick?
Did he go to V Force too?
I'm not a proctologist, but I know an asshole when I see one...

DarrellV

OCC is kind of like watching "Big Time Wrestling" UFC.

chengdave2003

Thanks....my wife had found that.  We had to have dial-up for the first couple of years here (rough after having cable internet for years).  The phone company finally installed DSL about a year ago. 

If you have a laptop with Wi-Fi, you may want to install Wi-Fi Radar ( http://easy-wifi-radar.en.softonic.com/ ).  It's SO much easier to find a local Wi-Fi signal than using the built in connection software and it's free.  I'm just a very satisfied user, I don't own stock (etc) in the company.

Dave

Quote from: Photo John on December 30, 2008, 08:36:22 AM
Dave, if you connect a computer with broadband access to your TV, you can watch a whole lot of shows for free: http://www.hulu.com/

Also, Netflix offers downloadable movies now. No need for cable, satellite, etc any more except for net access.
http://s301.photobucket.com/albums/nn60/chengdave2003/Harley%20Davidson/

ST40

I guess I couldn't be a big time bike builder like OCC.  Wouldn't be enough drama unless I ran out of time and had to work like a mad man in the last few hours.  Then I would really have to struggle to get the thing started for the big bike show with about 15 min. left.      :wink:    Marty
Marty

08blackstreetglide

Vinnie and Cody started there own shop building custom bikes. I saw there web site awhile back, but I can't remember what it's called!

Neckball

QuoteVinnie and Cody started there own shop building custom bikes. I saw there web site awhile back, but I can't remember what it's called!

Check above in reply #6.
05 RK Classic, Black Cherry
IBA member #32738

Juice

AHHhh!     over a year and a half on the rabbit wars here,,,,,,,,,,,sick of cable and the cost so they can show me advertisements
I'm going with a high power roof ant, for the new transmission and I'll get whatever show or movies i want to watch, when i want to watch them off the web.
Sick and tired of paying for B. S.

Jeffd

I have not had cable for 13 years, nope nada.  Kids rent a movie now and then but they have never complained