May 04, 2024, 05:45:33 PM

News:

Anyone have experience with Bub 7 exhaust?

Started by black_bagger, December 30, 2008, 05:40:03 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

black_bagger

Thinking about buying a set of the Bub 7 slip-on mufflers for use on the stock header pipe on an 02 Classic.  Anybody out there have experience with these fairly new pipes? I'm not a speed demon, just looking for a muffler that gives good low end torque, has a deep rumble and looks good.  I like the fact that the 7s are rotatable so you can orient the slash endcap up or down. Thanks for the help.

calif phil

You will like them. Good sound and good quality. 

apehair

black_bagger, I have the full set on my 07 Softail Custom.  I also have a Crossroads Mali Air breather on the intake side, and a ThunderMax ECM and tuning module in place of the stock ECM. 

It's a good combination for power.  Had it dynoed.  Can't remember the exact numbers, but the power curve was nice and round, no dips, no flat spots.  Good power down low and in the mid-range, but since I don't have headwork or different cams, it's just OK on top.

The sounds is perfect for my Goldilocks taste: not too loud, not too quiet, just right.  I have the stock baffles, though I think you can get quieter ones.  You don't need them, though.  The sounds is throaty, burbling, strong.  Not blatty or shriekadocious.  Those are technical terms, by the way. 

Two downsides.  One, the heat shields on the headpipes have yellowed.  The mufflers are perfect, though.  Two, I lost a tiny bit of ground clearance, so I scrape the pipes along with my right peg, now.  Used to be only the peg.

ape