May 04, 2024, 12:00:08 PM

News:

For advertising inquiries or help with registration or other issues, you may contact us by email at help@harleytechtalk.com

shifter for 1995 dyna lowrider with floorboards

Started by dweave3, December 30, 2008, 04:40:57 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

dweave3

I picked up a set of front floorboards to put on my 1995 Dyna. I am not sure what Dyna they came off of. I put them on and the brake side worked out ok and all the brake parts that came with them fit fine. The shifter side floor board bolts up fine, but I am not sure of what kind of shifter will work with the set up. I had mid controls on before, but the shifter from that set appears is to be to short. Any body got any ideas on what type of shifter set up will work with floorboards. Or does anyone make an extended Dyna style shifter? I believe the floorboards came from a police bike but not sure what year. There was a shifter and mount that came with them, but it does not seem to line up any where. Any ideas or help would be appreciated

still_havinfun

December 30, 2008, 06:39:57 PM #1 Last Edit: December 31, 2008, 07:30:31 AM by still_havinfun
i have the dyna footboard kit #50580-01 hd on my wife's lowrider. this kit has a bracket and hardware to accomodate a heal toe shifter.
i'll try to insert a pic of the setup. if it looks like what you are looking for i'll get the instruction sheet that came with the kit

dweave3

Definitely looks like what I need. Any information on the shifter parts I need would be appreciated and a copy of the installation instructions would be great, Thanks

still_havinfun

December 31, 2008, 09:09:46 AM #3 Last Edit: December 31, 2008, 11:44:39 AM by Fatboy_SirGarfield
i hope you can see this well enough. i also have an old parts price list. this bracket bolts to her 02 primary. i don't know if it is the same as your primary.
in the event this isn't readable, send me your address and i will make copys and mail it to ya.

http://s492.photobucket.com/albums/rr287/havinfun_02/th_137_3746.jpg
http://s492.photobucket.com/albums/rr287/havinfun_02/th_137_3745.jpg

EDIT: The th_ (which I've removed) at the beginning of the file name tells me it's a thumbnail.  HNY FSG

dweave3

The pictures just came through very small, but it looks like there are only a couple of parts that I will need. If you want mail it to me that would be fine or if you want to try to email pictures direct that might work, thanks
Doug Weaver
401 N. Madison St.
Nappanee, IN 46550
dweaver85@mchsi.com

if I get this worked out it will make my wife happy since this is on her bike

still_havinfun

i'll get it mailed off tomorrow. i don't know what is up with the pic imput i tried it two ways and they just stay small in a text pic.

dweave3

December 31, 2008, 12:31:29 PM #6 Last Edit: December 31, 2008, 12:59:58 PM by dweave3
The pictures came through great now. Thanks for all of your help. If you get a chance can you measure the length of the shift linkage and rear shifter and let me know

still_havinfun

December 31, 2008, 06:47:55 PM #7 Last Edit: January 01, 2009, 05:52:52 AM by still_havinfun
the way hers is adjusted now the center to center of the linkage is 12 1/4 inches
the rear shifter on the tranny is the one that is already on there, the lever that goes through the primary is tied with the short shaft in an unmovable position. if you need a close up i can get it on here also.

dweave3

Is the toe shifter you have in the picture the one that came in the kit?

still_havinfun

yeah, everything on there is from the kit. it's too bad they don't still sell that kit, i know a few that would like to have one without buying all parts individually. that bike is a joy to ride with those footboards!!!