April 26, 2024, 10:38:06 PM

News:

PowerHouse 114

Started by Mtrman, December 30, 2008, 10:14:05 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mtrman

I am looking at buying a used Powerhouse 114.

Does anyone know where to get parts and gaskets for this engine when they are needed??

Thanks!!

Cheers Eh!! :beer: :beer: :beer:

Clintster

My Cousin has one on a chopper/custom.  He had the guy do some work to it recently.  I don't know the whole story, he likes it, it's quite powerful.  Anyhow if you call Goblin Cycles in Geneva Ohio ask for Duane he can tell you.
Drive fast, take chances

hdtuner23

I know from speaking w/ HPI a few years back that they were manufacturing parts for this motor, maybe give them a call. They may have the contacts that you need.

stroker800

The powerhouse 114 motors were Vern Ott's,,they were built and sold thru Mid USA...Vern is a genius when it comes to motors,( invented Velvet touch lifters)..The powerhouse was agreat design,,it won many awards...When I worked at the shop I was wanting that motor(too pricey)..I have seen powerhouse parts on Ebay in the past(cranks,lifters,ect)..Try too google Vern Ott, I have been to his website before.
Dave

JK

Vern Ott (VMO Products) 740-383-2396

calgary56

Live Long, ... Out Ride the Reaper !

PoorUB

Quote from: calgary56 on January 04, 2009, 11:25:00 AM
Sounds like a decent powerplant

http://www.hotrodsbikeworks.com/tech/0208hrb_powerhouse_motor/index.html

I like the crankshaft setup. The only way to improve it would be a one piece forged steel unit, but to much$$ for a few pieces.
I still wonder if HD is ever going to toss the needle and roller bearings on the TC engine and go with plain bearing, maybe the next generation engine. (maybe they have already, V-Rod based mill in everything!)
I am an adult?? When did that happen, and how do I make it stop?!

Deye76

The pistons are not run of the mill, and may be hard to find if replacements are ever needed. I'd give Vern a call and do a little homework.
East Tenn.<br /> 2020 Lowrider S Touring, 2014 CVO RK,  1992 FXRP

Rugby_fxdwg

I always wanted to stuff one of these in an EVO Road King... I just dont make that kind of scratch... :wtf:
1996 80" Wide Glide 10.5-1 85HP/85Ft; 1999 Ultra 95" 6speed; 1989 FXRS