May 08, 2024, 03:17:32 PM

News:

For advertising inquiries or help with registration or other issues, you may contact us by email at help@harleytechtalk.com

Ultra Light Spoiler or Ultra Light Classic half helmet

Started by HroadhogD1, December 31, 2008, 07:54:04 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

HroadhogD1

Living here in Nebraska we are required :cry: to wear a helmet.  I have been getting by with a novelty helmet since we got the helmet law, but times are changing, and not for the good.  The last time I got stopped(going a little faster than I should have been) the sheriff who was also on a Harley told me he could take the helmet, and tow the bike away.  That toke all of the argument out of me.  I see that Harley has a Hybrid Ultra Light Spoiler half helmet, and a Hybrid Ultra Light classic half  helmet.  They only weight 1 lb. 6 oz.   This is lighter than a kevlar helmet that H.D. puts out.  I think this might be a decent helmet.  Anybody here use one?  Are you happy with it.  I see they are $200.00, but if they are comfortable, maybe they are worth it.   Give me your .02 please.  Thanks

uglide

I bought one at the end of the riding season and like it so far.  Way lighter than my previous helmets.  Gosh darn ugly though.  I bought mine from the Dealer on sale and paid around $90.00 I am thinking.

L8R~
U

HroadhogD1

I don't understand, what is so ugly about it?  Doesn't it look like any other helmet?

uglide

It doesn't have a visor or anything on it. It is just plain........ round. Might be able to drill and tap holes for a visor.   Like you said, just ugly like most helmets.

It is really light and comfortable though.  It comes in shinny black and primer black.  Lots of padding which = mushroom head look.

L8R~
U

HroadhogD1

The ones on the H.D. site have a small visor on them.  I am just looking for something small (like my old helmet-non dot) and light weight.

uglide

The 2 that I bought are made by Daytona Helmet.  DOT They aren't HD helmets.  Don't know if they have a website or not.

L8R~
U

IndyHarley

Member since 1865
Founder of IN PGR - Legion Post #186 Commander

RainDodger

Just fyi, I've got a regular weight Spoiler. Works fine and feels as good as a helmet can. Since it's drilled and has a small visor, it will also accept those little half-length visors that just come down as far as your nose. I love that visor. I can't count the number of bugs and little pieces of crap that have hit it instead of my face. Your head still looks like a mushroom with that thing on though... but there's really no alternative.

hfdchief

I got a new carbon fiber helmet from Advanced Carbon Composites, smaller than other half's i had seen and really light but it's not cheap.

www.carbonfiberhelmets.com

Chief

Juice

Bought the half helmet in Big Sky, Montana,,,,180.00.  On sale  69.00   a little on the big side but comfy, besides, I got a lota brains that havn't started working yet, so,  I good    ;D