May 02, 2024, 02:29:04 AM

News:

For advertising inquiries or help with registration or other issues, you may contact us by email at help@harleytechtalk.com

what seats fit my FXRS?

Started by Simons_shovel, December 31, 2008, 08:33:12 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Simons_shovel

I have an 82 FXRS and the seat is a little tired.  To increase my chance of getting one from ebay etc. What seats from other models will fit without too much work?  I was thinking maybe a later model sporty or a dyna?  I will have to make it fairly easy to remove or hinge so I can check the oil and battery.
Cheers
Simon.

randallwhitman

Play it safe.....get a seat that fits FXRs only.   They were made for lots of years: shovel and Evo, so you shouldn't have much trouble.  Never owned an FXR, but as far as I know, the frame and fenders on all of them are basically the same when it comes to mounting a seat.
Freedom Behind Bars
103" Shovel
103" '07 FLHX

baldoldfxr

As Randall says the only seat that will fit without lots of work will be an fxr one,

Simons_shovel

Thanks for the replies.  Do most aftermarket seats hinge or come of easily so I can check my oil?  I am looking at the Ultima seats, anyone used one of these before?

randallwhitman

Not absolutely positive, but every harley seat I've ever seen comes off with the screw/bolt at the rear of the seat that attaches to the fender.  Now that I just typed this, I do remember an Evo dresser of mine that had a bolt on each side of the seat.  Still very easy to remove.  Randy
Freedom Behind Bars
103" Shovel
103" '07 FLHX

baldoldfxr

Some two piece FXR seats are hinged,

Little Al

my '83 FXRT seat is 2 piece and hinged, both the stock and the Mustang I have on it now.
Little Al