May 04, 2024, 11:00:39 AM

News:

For advertising inquiries or help with registration or other issues, you may contact us by email at help@harleytechtalk.com

Will stock headers from 07 Ultra fit a 95 RK??

Started by sandrooney, December 31, 2008, 11:02:02 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

sandrooney

Hope someone can answer this. If the 07's wont fit what years will ?
Thanks,
SR
Patience is such a waste of time .

hrdtail78

With the 6-speed and different mounting, might have to do something creative in that area.
Semper Fi

gofastmoose

HI
The exhaust from a Twin-cam motor will not fit an EVO motor
I have tried my friends on my 89 EVO

TheSwede

I am not sure,,but I think headers fit both Twin Cam and Evo
and this was the question,,a good tip is to check in different
catalogs,,they tell the typ of bike they will fit.and in many cases
exhaust fit both Evo and Twin Cam,

Best Regards
TheSwede

sandrooney

January 02, 2009, 04:41:46 AM #4 Last Edit: January 02, 2009, 04:43:32 AM by sandrooney
Thanks Guys, They do fit. I put them on yesterday. You have to use the whole header system, you cant just use the Y pipe. The front header is shorter on the TC. But they fit perfect.
Thanks,
SR

Gashman

Really??                   97 RK

That surprises me.   I recently had a cracked rear y pipe.  In search of another one, I came across one from a TC.  The difference is the distance from the rear head down to the conecting pipe from front and on back to the slip on.  This section is shorter on a TC because of the bigger heads. It looks exactly the same, but is about 3/4 in shorter in the section mentioned above.  Maybe if you used the whole setup, it may work, but wouldnt that make your pipes ride higher on the right side of the bike?    Just curious....  I ended up just welding mine for now.  Maybe change the whole setup later.....

:beer:Gash

sandrooney

The Y pipe by itself won't work unless you cut some off the front pipe. The only difference I found was the front header pipe on th TC is shorter. I tried just the Y pipe and it wouldn't work. I put the whole set on and it fit perfect,as I was doing this I noticed that I could have cut the front pipe and made it work.
SR