May 01, 2024, 09:12:44 PM

News:

83 FXSB clutch basket

Started by buzzurd, January 01, 2009, 06:40:02 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

buzzurd

Can anyone give me the Harley part number for the factory belt drive primary clutch shell?It's a 1983 FXSB with factory primary and secondary belt drive.
Thanks,
Buzzurd

FSG

That year/model can be confusing, my info says:  37707-82    let's have another confirm.

gary11623

hey buzzard, If I am not mistaken, if your bike is an 83 with factory primary and final belts,that would make it a FXDG (discglide). Special edition wideglide,twin belt drive with solid aluminum rear wheel. Far as I know,only made that one year,about 750 made,has the same drive components as  FXB sturgis

v10ole

Hi, :wtf: no the FXSB is a lowrider and not a wide glide. Thay are infact the exact same drive as a sturgis has. These stock parts are getting almost impossiable to find and if you do they want an arm and leg for them. Hey buzzard I have an exact complete stock primary belt drive if ya need one. If ya still have my number give me a call or PM me. Ole

gary11623

I thought that the only models that ever came from factory with both factory primary and final belt drive were the 1980 81 82 fxb sturgis and the 1983 fxdg disc glide. That the fxsb was chain primary,belt final? 

v10ole

Ya I was told that AMF/HD had drive parts left over and the 83s HD without AMF put the spare belt drives on some FXS models and renamed it the FXSB the B being belt. But they did lots of different things in them years. If you look in shovel stuff for sale there is a 83 FXSB with just a rear belt. I am not sure on the numbers but there was quite a few 83 FXSBs with both dual belt and just rear belt drive. I have a 83 FXSB dual belt that I bought new back in 84 and lots of people thought it was a sturgis bike. The only difference was the paint and badges other than that they were the exact same.  :beer:  Ole

Lew

37655-80A for 80-83 FXB, FXSB.  37707-82 for early 84 FXWG, FXSB.
-It is now later than it has ever been before-

buzzurd

The clutch basket is good, just has alot of play in the hub bearings.I have a hub from my 75 FXE that has the 5 clutch studs and the long roller bearings I'm going to run with the 83 basket.Tried it and no play.Appreciate all the input.
Buzzurd

onehawghead

37655-80A,  80 to 82-FXB, 83FXSB.   37702-70A,  71 to early 84 - all models except FXB &FXSB.  37707-82,  early 84- FXWG, FXSB.