May 05, 2024, 01:29:59 AM

News:

For advertising inquiries or help with registration or other issues, you may contact us by email at help@harleytechtalk.com

211 cam question

Started by burgies08ultra, January 01, 2009, 11:18:49 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

burgies08ultra

is there a way to advance the cam to get some lower rpm torque???/
i have an 08 ultra with 211 cams, 10-1 cast pistons, 103, se a/c and rush 2.0 true duals...
thanks
burgie
2013 road glide,2009 road king

ClassicRider2002

burgies08ultra~~~

I am not addressing an answer to your specific question specifically BUTTTT perhaps you might find the following "LINK" to some THREADS below helpful to what you are trying to accomplish......
SIMPLY, CLICK, VIEW, & READ:

Regards,

"Classic"

MIGHTY MOUSE CAM
LOW END TORQUE JUNKIE 2

ClassicRider2002

burgies08Ultra~~~

I realize I have no clue what your goals are for your bike's performance......and it seems you are running a 103 and there are guys/gals here that know this stuff MUCH better than me......but that 211 cam sweet spot may not even be close to where you enjoy riding.....if you patiently review the above THREADS that are "embedded" into the LINK I have provided above you will have some pretty indepth reading in front of you about this topic.....I know you are asking about changing the advance curve of the 211, so perhaps your only interest is just that....and then move on.....but you may be asking another important question you aren't even aware that you are asking......perhaps your bike feels quite sluggish from idle until you get to 3500 rpms and in reality you don't find yourself feeling as though you are ever reaching the "sweet" spot of your current build.....and perhaps the quick solution is to advance the curve....or perhaps at least if you go through the above "THREADS" and are patient you might see a new alternative....of course you may not either....lol.....butttttt....who knows for sure....

Anyway......

Regards,

"Classic"
MIGHTY MOUSE CAM
LOW END TORQUE JUNKIE 2

burgies08ultra

yes i read those threads and that is what raised the questions, as how to get more low end torq with that cam
otherwise i know i can get another cam like the 255, but was wondering if i could just do something to put more torq
in the lower rpm range...
tkks
burgie
2013 road glide,2009 road king

Tre_11 FLHX

Ran that cam at 10.7:1. not bad down low (2500 rpms) and pulled to the rev limiter. head were SE Versions- cc's to 76 SE 10.25 pistons.  also ran this with FTs and hated it!! Did have a slight roll on ping that I could not get rid of.

Mike
11 103 FLHX-TW555 cams,10.5:1, FM 2-1-2 ex, FM heads, VPC, JP mufflers, PV tuner

txtech

andrews makes a 4* advance gear for 58.00,but if you prefer a 4* andrews advance gear that comes in a woods package there 125.00.your call. :potstir:

txtech

andrews part # 216323 j&p has them. :pop: