April 27, 2024, 03:06:17 AM

News:

For advertising inquiries or help with registration or other issues, you may contact us by email at help@harleytechtalk.com

Kuryakyn Deer Whistle

Started by hpbear101, January 01, 2009, 01:16:13 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

FLTRI

Quote from: JamLazyAss on January 03, 2009, 03:20:37 PM
Bet y'all ain't got one of these here "Redneck Lawn Deer" fer Christmas now, do ya   :wtf:

That's friggin' great!
The best we've experienced is the best we know
Always keep eyes and mind open

BART

When I was a kid in the 50's I had a job putting glasses on chickens.  It's hard to find anyone today who believes me.

BART

FLTRI

Quote from: BART on January 04, 2009, 05:56:05 AM
When I was a kid in the 50's I had a job putting glasses on chickens.  It's hard to find anyone today who believes me.

BART
I believe you. Where did you live at the time? And did that help them from running into each other, or was that because some of them would J.O. only till they needed glasses? :smilep:

wavlovr1

When I whistle for my deer, they all come running...

JimBob    :up:

mackdog

If it makes you feel better, sure go ahead and put it on.  Just don't be surprised when one runs across the road in front of you instead of away.  I live in heavy deer country and there's no way in HE&& you can predict what they'll do when they see you.  I've hit two with the cage that did what I didn't think they'd do. I've also lucked out many times and guessed right with my avoidance tactics.  Don't bet your life on those whistles.  The only one's that know if they work is the deer, and they aren't talkin. Chedrs and have a good year.  MD

Milehog

I work on trains and we hit deer regularly. Hell we hit bears, elk even mountain lions on rare occasions. Now, trains ain't exactly quiet, whistle blowing, bell ringing, wheels screeching, 17,000 hp bellowing, headlight flashing, you get the picture.
I don't think a deer whistle will do any better than all that.
Proud IBA member

Princess Butt

Deer are pretty stupid. Just like a lot of other wild animals. I always treat a deer as if they're going to jump out. Maybe I've been lucky, I've never actually hit one, but I've come close enough more than once. Almost nailed a moose, and close enough to a bison to know they smell kinda rough.

You would be surprised, though, how quiet an approaching train really is. About 15 years ago, 4 guys were having a pot party on the railroad tracks near here, and they never heard the train coming.

Also, when the gate comes down and the bells start ringing and the lights are flashing, people can't be bothered with stopping, they just go around the gate. Ever see what happens to any road going vehicle after an encounter with a 20 mph train? Yeah, it's really ugly.

My brother in law runs for U.P.. He says that SoCal is full of idiots at crossings.

Okay, my rant is over for now.

BnEUC
Shiny side up, rubber side down.

Rugby_fxdwg

Quote from: FLTRI on January 03, 2009, 10:12:11 AM
OK,
There are bird whistles
There are dog whistles
There are dolfin whistles
There are duck whistles
These are all to get the animal, etc to come to the whistler not run away.
Why would there be any difference with a deer whistles??? :hyst: :hyst:

Are there any whistles that could get the ol' lady over to give me a BJ?
Just a thought...
1996 80" Wide Glide 10.5-1 85HP/85Ft; 1999 Ultra 95" 6speed; 1989 FXRS

FLTRI

Quote from: BnEUltraClassic on January 05, 2009, 03:17:32 AM
Deer are pretty stupid. Just like a lot of other wild animals. I always treat a deer as if they're going to jump out. Maybe I've been lucky, I've never actually hit one, but I've come close enough more than once. Almost nailed a moose, and close enough to a bison to know they smell kinda rough.

You would be surprised, though, how quiet an approaching train really is. About 15 years ago, 4 guys were having a pot party on the railroad tracks near here, and they never heard the train coming.

Also, when the gate comes down and the bells start ringing and the lights are flashing, people can't be bothered with stopping, they just go around the gate. Ever see what happens to any road going vehicle after an encounter with a 20 mph train? Yeah, it's really ugly.

My brother in law runs for U.P.. He says that SoCal is full of idiots at crossings.

Okay, my rant is over for now.

:hyst: :hyst: :hyst:

BnEUC

moose

that could get the ol' lady over etc.

how about a wolf whistle  :)
Moose aka Glenn-

Harpo

If the whistle makes the deer not stupid, buy it, if not, don't waste your money.

Milehog

Quote from: BnEUltraClassic on January 05, 2009, 03:17:32 AM

BnEUC

Yeah, we hit people too. It sucks. There are some that commit suicide by train.
Proud IBA member

PoorUB

I am an adult?? When did that happen, and how do I make it stop?!