May 01, 2024, 08:10:35 PM

News:

For advertising inquiries or help with registration or other issues, you may contact us by email at help@harleytechtalk.com

Stock FLH bars

Started by 76shuvlinoff, January 01, 2009, 03:40:05 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

76shuvlinoff

Gents,
  Though I may regret it later, this winter I want to pull the apes and go with a set of stock dimension handlebars (this is part of a long term project.)  I no longer have the original set off my 76 flh to use for specs so do any of you have those numbers?  Width, rise and pullback.

Thanks
   Mark
Critics are men who watch a battle from a high place, then come down and shoot the survivors.
 - Ernest Hemingway

pappyfreebird

no demensions sns ,,but rekon i have a pr of bars here that be awmost same n ya would know thats the ony pr i dont have a pic of..ill git one later...hafta run now my pappys in hospitol 84 n real weak ...they say keep him a few daze ,,fer sure has a bad urine infection

76shuvlinoff

Absolutely no rush pappy take care of your pops.

good luck
  Mark
Critics are men who watch a battle from a high place, then come down and shoot the survivors.
 - Ernest Hemingway

MMOCGuy

Mark.

'71-81 FLH & FLT are:

30"W x 9.8"Rise x 5.5" Pullback.

This is from an after-market chart I have.

Hope this is what you are looking for.

Norm.

76shuvlinoff

- Ernest Hemingway

pappyfreebird

January 02, 2009, 02:16:21 PM #5 Last Edit: January 02, 2009, 02:17:41 PM by pappyfreebird
heres a couple pix sns..mine r 34 wide bout 10-11 back n 6 er so high.. ain new but look awright 20$ ifn wan em

[attachment removed after 60 days by system]

76shuvlinoff

January 02, 2009, 03:48:42 PM #6 Last Edit: January 03, 2009, 06:53:02 AM by 76shuvlinoff
you should have mail from me pappy
 - Ernest Hemingway

pappyfreebird

i replied there mark..have a goodin..ya got throttle housing, cables ,grips ??? have a new set sns rubbar grips n a few stock cables n a set er two black switches n master sets..one has fer sure good master..least id plufg n play it no prolem..anyways th th th th thats all folks

randallwhitman

Mark.....I'm curious.  My '76 FLP (police) had two-piece bars.  Did yours?  Just before I tore it down (immediately after buying it), one side of the bar came loose while riding.  VERY exciting.  Randy
Freedom Behind Bars
103" Shovel
103" '07 FLHX

dablaze

Just for the sake of info...fatboy bars are close, in case you decide you want a slight change from the stockers...although I love FLH bars.

Craig
Second Shift Cycle

76shuvlinoff

Yep I still have the one piece riser so on all the bars I have played with I cut the center out. The big ol flh riser cover hides that and it sure makes it easier to run the wiring inside them Since I carve on em I don't buy high dollar bars.    The ones pappy offered might be wider and deeper than stock but if really I want to I can narrow them down and shorten the pullback.   

Mark
 - Ernest Hemingway

HV

Mark.... I put 10 in Mini Aps on my 83...stock were 9.8 so not a lot of diff.....very comfortable....it had 14 in on it.. ( a bit too high )
HV HTT Admin ..Ride Safe ...But Ride informed with HTT !!
Skype HV.HTT

76shuvlinoff

HV,
I had 12s a couple years ago and went to 14s, it's really comfortable for me and looked higher with a bare bones seat vs the Mustang touring solo.  I never went higher because I think 16s would put my hands over my shoulders.
Eventually I want this 76 bike back to factory and the 79 project will be my plaything but life keeps getting in the way... so it's one piece at time. 
 - Ernest Hemingway