May 01, 2024, 03:43:51 AM

News:

For advertising inquiries or help with registration or other issues, you may contact us by email at help@harleytechtalk.com

Colony brass rings too large for manifold

Started by mike c, April 14, 2011, 04:33:23 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

mike c

Was wondering if any body has bought the new manifold kit for a linkert from Colony lately. I did! The rings were seemingly too large and would not tighten down with the new nuts that came with the kit. Ended up using my old rings. I had previouly bought just a set of rings to try on my old manifold and they were the same. Very loose on the manifold and would not tighten down. :scratch: :wtf:

tennesseejed

April 24, 2011, 05:37:35 AM #1 Last Edit: April 24, 2011, 05:41:06 AM by tennesseejed
 :rose: Hi there Mr. C--------wondering how the weekend went with Artie4Bikes.  :scratch:   I'm sure there wuz sum  :beer: had.
I be sittin' around this morning having sum  :tea:   looks like 2day will be a fine day.  :up:
how did the Pan run?  Hope the weather wuz  waaaay better down there then the 4" of shyt   :wtf:  we all woke up to here on Sat morn.

mike c

Weekend ws a 3-day drunk. Was good to see the guys. And by the way. He is now Artie5bikes. Panhead is running fine I think. What with the snow and rain again and again its hard to run her for more than 2 miles. Only rode  about five minutes down there. Happy Trails.

tennesseejed

April 28, 2011, 08:00:44 PM #3 Last Edit: May 01, 2011, 06:01:37 AM by tennesseejed
per our discussion earlier 2 nite.   1/16th = .0625  we were both saying the same tang. 1 cc is approx .061 cu. in. and indeed .061 is approx 1/16th of a cu. in.
:agree:                                          :agree:                                              :agree: