May 02, 2024, 01:58:30 AM

News:

For advertising inquiries or help with registration or other issues, you may contact us by email at help@harleytechtalk.com

Forward brake pedal for FLH

Started by jerite, January 01, 2009, 06:02:32 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

jerite

Hey all-
Anyone know where to find a forward brake pedal for my 83' FLH. Cant run that stock pedal sticks too straight up for me. I have not had any luck in any of the parts catalogs or ebay. Was wondering if any of you all had the same problem but then found one.
Thanks in advance...
Jer
Less is more....let's keep it simple!

76shuvlinoff

January 01, 2009, 06:15:50 PM #1 Last Edit: January 01, 2009, 06:20:46 PM by 76shuvlinoff
On my 76 FLH I shortened the rod between pedal and master cylinder then adjusted the stop to tilt it forward. I'm not sure what kind of set-up an 83 has.

Critics are men who watch a battle from a high place, then come down and shoot the survivors.
 - Ernest Hemingway

jerite

Hey thanks-
I believe I have a shorther rod out there, i will try that. Wonder why i did not think of that....couldn't see the forest thru the trees on that one i guess.
Thanks again-
Jer

76shuvlinoff

I actually did this to accommodate the Thunderheader. Be careful not to lay it too low, I can just sneak my boot under this one.  Actually it would be better extended a few inches too.

Critics are men who watch a battle from a high place, then come down and shoot the survivors.
 - Ernest Hemingway

jerite

Hey guys-
Actually found one at Tedds V-twin, #23-0351.  Where do you all recommend ordering from them thru? Dont know myself, never have ordered anything from them.
Thanx in advance...
Jer

jerite

I found one at American Classic Motors store on ebay. V-twin part above.
Jer

76shuvlinoff

cool, is it laid forward AND extended?
 - Ernest Hemingway

jerite

Yes it says it is, have not gotten here yet

randallwhitman

I'm pretty sure that a company called "soft brake", or something close to that, sells a brake pedal that is more forward and lower.  I have one.  You can almost leave your heel on the footboard when applying the rear brake.  Randy
Freedom Behind Bars
103" Shovel
103" '07 FLHX