May 08, 2024, 09:18:09 PM

News:

Remote VTune Display

Started by whittlebeast, April 16, 2011, 09:28:29 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

waskier01

I've got a Lilliput 669GL-70NP/C/T-5HB.  I've connected it to my Hp laptop with the HDMI-USB cable and I keep getting a "No input"  error.  I searched for different drivers and found none, so, I loaded the drivers off of the CD....  Where did you get better drivers.

Thumper Buttercup

Quote from: waskier01 on May 30, 2012, 08:24:58 AM
I've got a Lilliput 669GL-70NP/C/T-5HB.  I've connected it to my Hp laptop with the HDMI-USB cable and I keep getting a "No input"  error.  I searched for different drivers and found none, so, I loaded the drivers off of the CD....  Where did you get better drivers.

First Delete all the drivers you installed, I had a bunch of problems with them.

Go to this website and install this Display driver, all my problems went away
going this way.

http://www.displaylink.com/support/downloads.php

Then after you install the drivers hookup your display and then it will set itself up.

This should help a bunch of you guys running the usb monitors on your handlebars.

Hope this helps.

04 Ultra, 95 Cu, 48N, Larry's Heads TTS

N-gin

Well I tried the Screenslider and it worked only once. I tried to look for it again on the internet and no longer avalible so I tried a different route. I downloaded idisplay and it will only work on WiFi... It woulkd not go through the USB. :angry: So I tried another aproch..dead end  :wtf:... I got tired of the running around and bit the bullet and annied up of a HDMI display. Couldnt pass it up for $130.
now I just have to wait for it to ship.

Meanwhile Im looking for a old mirror to mount the screen to. :bike:
I'm not here cause of a path before me, Im here cause of the burnout left behind

Jeffd

Quote from: N-gin on May 31, 2012, 08:16:58 PM
Well I tried the Screenslider and it worked only once. I tried to look for it again on the internet and no longer avalible so I tried a different route. I downloaded idisplay and it will only work on WiFi... It woulkd not go through the USB. :angry: So I tried another aproch..dead end  :wtf:... I got tired of the running around and bit the bullet and annied up of a HDMI display. Couldnt pass it up for $130.
now I just have to wait for it to ship.

Meanwhile Im looking for a old mirror to mount the screen to. :bike:
I did not like the mirror mount i ended up using a pouch and mounted my monitor between the handle bars and it worked great because it was in perfect line of sight so it was safer then watching the monitor ehen it was on the mirror

Sent from my DROID X2 using Tapatalk 2

N-gin

What a difference a display makes.
This was done on my dads 08 Ultra Classic. It has SE255 cams, and dual exhaust 4in. Rineharts. The engine is stock 96 cu.in.

[attachment removed after 60 days by system]
I'm not here cause of a path before me, Im here cause of the burnout left behind

N-gin

I mounted it on a old scrapped up mirror. The mount is for the right side mirro but I put it on the left side to possition the screen closer to the center while Im riding.

wurk_truk

Now THAT looks really familiar!  HAHA!  I Siliconed my mirror mount so as to nut trust that screw completely.

I used a left mirror for right side viewing.

Good Job!!!!! :scoot: :scoot:
Oh No!

N-gin

I will be gluing it shortly  :wink: Just wanted to know if I really want to mount it to the mirror. I am still surprised how much time I WASTED with out a screen.
Thanks everyone  :up:

Ohio HD

I agree with you, it makes short work of getting data.

VDeuce

Quote from: Ohio HD on June 13, 2012, 08:38:51 PM
I agree with you, it makes short work of getting data.
Brought this thread up and pulled the trigger on one of these. Looks like a great way to do things. Was going to try using the wife's Kindle Fire, but they don't like connecting to adhoc networks without going through the root process and I didn't want to risk bricking her Kindle - she'd kill me  :hyst:

UltraNutZ

Quote from: WVULTRA on June 18, 2011, 08:15:59 PM
Have to say a Remote Monitor is the cat's meow!
100% agree.  I purchased the 9" touch screen version and used wurk_truk's trick with the mirror mount but on the left handlebar.  Worked perfectly.  If you can get the 9" without touch screen and save a few $$ then do so.  the touchscreen part is a waste of time and not worth the trouble.

IMO, a huge time saver for serious VTuning!

:bike:
Politicians are like diapers.
They need to be changed for the same reasons

tdkkart

Your Android, Iphone or Ipad device can be configured as a 2nd monitor to your laptop.
I understand this can be done manually, however for those a tad intimidated with the process, like me, there is an app called Air Display for $4.99 that is dirt simple to use. Download the app to your phone, when you start the app for the first time it gives and address and instructions for downloading the other half to your laptop. Download, install, and it works automatically.
You now have a wireless WiFi touchscreen 2nd monitor that is easily mounted to your bike.

Give it a shot, much easier than the LCD screens. As soon as my RAM phone mount shows up I'll try it on the bike.

Coyote

I don't see how it's any different than Team Viewer. It appears to also require an ad hoc network as well.    :nix:

NETWORK: In order for Air Display to work your computer and iOS device must be connected to the same Wi-Fi network.

Paul in Alaska

Quote from: Thumper Buttercup on September 11, 2011, 06:48:42 PM
Here is the shot of the monitor we have been using doing our runs.
Lilliput UM-70 7" USB Monitor.  It is a great monitor just don't use
the disk and drivers that come with it, do a search and better drivers
show up.

Did you just plug this into your laptop using a hdmi?
Been riding, dragging feet on the ice and snow...

UltraNutZ

I believe it was done using USB, not HDMI

Jeffd

I used a 7" DoubleSight usb monitor that worked great.  put it in a map case on my handlebars.  model DS-7OU
http://www.doublesight.com/shop/product.asp?idx=55
mines for sale

UltraNutZ

I used a Motion CL900 9" Windows 7 tablet with a vesa mount and then screwed that to a mirror post for mine.  Actually sold it today.  I moved over to the Surface Pro2 with Windows 8 and that's what I'll tune with for the forseeable future.

Hilly13

Tablet is king, easy to see and easy to use  :up:
Just because its said don't make it so