May 02, 2024, 04:45:23 PM

News:

For advertising inquiries or help with registration or other issues, you may contact us by email at help@harleytechtalk.com

SE Timken conversion device

Started by -SeabrookTrickBagger, January 02, 2009, 05:49:19 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

-SeabrookTrickBagger

I saw the SE conversion device to install a Timken bearing in post 2002 engine cases.

Any ideas or opinions about this set up will be appreciated, especially compared to EMCV2 set up or Zippers, etc..

TIA.

Seabrook
Seabrook

Hillside Motorcycle

Quote from: -SeabrookTrickBagger on January 02, 2009, 05:49:19 AM
I saw the SE conversion device to install a Timken bearing in post 2002 engine cases.

Any ideas or opinions about this set up will be appreciated, especially compared to EMCV2 set up or Zippers, etc..

TIA.

Seabrook

We have done 15 since May last year.
Works great.
Otto Knowbetter sez, "Even a fish wouldn't get caught if he kept his mouth shut"

wfolarry

02FYRFTR

Last November when I sent left case to DarkHorse they asked for both cases to verify the allign bore of the sprocket shaft and pinion shaft bores.  The H/D kit assumes the bores to be on center !!

mori55

Darkhorse only asked me for the left side case., been running nice and smooth.

HIPPO

wfolarry

HIPPO

Quote from: wfolarry on January 02, 2009, 07:47:16 PM
Quote from: HIPPO on January 02, 2009, 07:35:30 PM
Isn't the SE the one from Jim's?
Yes.

Then there is no need whatsoever to have anything other then the left case as there is no machining, other then minor drilling and tapping, the supplied sleeves press directly into the sprocket shaft bearing bore.

FSG

-SeabrookTrickBagger

Is the SE installation tool the same as the Jim's installation tool?

Any thoughts on the Eagle Motor approach to the Timken conversion?
Seabrook

Geezer_Glider

Does anyone have a copy of the actual instructions from Jim's or HD that they would share?
Thanks,
R Meyer

Piper

Quote from: HIPPO on January 02, 2009, 08:45:59 PM
Quote from: wfolarry on January 02, 2009, 07:47:16 PM
Quote from: HIPPO on January 02, 2009, 07:35:30 PM
Isn't the SE the one from Jim's?
Yes.

Then there is no need whatsoever to have anything other then the left case as there is no machining, other then minor drilling and tapping, the supplied sleeves press directly into the sprocket shaft bearing bore.

I have the Jim`s tool and it works awsome.....just a little pricey,but you get what you pay for!!