April 28, 2024, 03:19:37 AM

News:

Touring Bike Rims

Started by Bakon, January 02, 2009, 08:26:12 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Bakon

POSTING IN GENERAL. NOT ALOT OF REPLIES IN TWIN CAM :wink:

Looking at changing the stock rims out on an 06 Streetglide. Only thing I do like about my rims is the ease of finding a tire and I love the floating rotors (blacked out HD model) for the lack of noise and they do stop nice. Hate to go to a nice rim and have crappy brakes.

Went the 18 inch PM rim with a 140 Metzler on an 01 Ultra and liked the looks and ride but hated a flat on a trip.
Anyone currently running 18 inch rims or even a 21 up front and whats your experience? size?

Stock tire is 143mm in the back according to the Dunlop thread, compared to the older 130 mm on the Ultra. I ran 140's by only removing the belt guard. So what size Metzler would you choose for the 2006, 140 or 150?
Would a 150 fit? not looking to chopper it, just don't want to buy something that won't fit. I also don't want an 09, don't care how nice they are. Keeping this one.
and what size rim is needed?
Stock is 16x3 1/2 I think.
See EBay ads for 18"x4.25 REAR AND 21"x3.5 FRONT. And others which let you pick the rim sizes for a matched set of rims and rotors. Just figuring things out right now. Motor was done 2 years ago, paint last winter, time for new shoes.

wasting time