May 08, 2024, 11:05:17 PM

News:

120" upgrade w/RevPerf EMS

Started by dennish, April 25, 2011, 09:53:55 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

dennish

I upgraded my 107" to H-D's 120" kit, kinda, I kept the R&R 615/585 gear drive cams, the HPI 51mm t/b and Supertrapp 2:1. Kept the CR at 10.5. I decided to give RevPerf EMS a try. The bike starts easy, idles okay and driveability is good, over all the bike runs fine. No complaints. So I did a couple of dyno runs at the dealership Saturday to see what the motor is doing numbers wise. I think it is a little lower that I expected at 116hp and 126tq. Horsepower stayed the same as the 107, torque bumped up 9. Again no complaints the bike pulls good. Just wondering how much a tuner could improve things, a little or significantly?

I'm on the fence of whether to have it tuned or leave it. Curiosity wants me to do it but dollarwise not sure.

[attachment removed after 60 days by system]

dennish

I forgot to add the tech said that he was impress withed Darkhorse.  You could set a glass of wine on the tank and at 6000rpm not spill a drop.

hrdtail78

I assume he didn't sample A/F?  What you are going to gain on a protune at WOT all depends on what things are set at now.  The gains might just be in tuning that pipe.
Semper Fi

dennish

Your right he didn't have time to hook up the A/F since it was "Free Dyno Day" at the dealer plus I have the closed end cap which would have made it more difficult. 

Hornhonker

Throttle body might be a tad small at 51mm and you did up upgrade the injectors ? It just might be starving for more air and juice ?
2010 Ultra Limited SE110
05 Ducati DS1000 SS

dennish

The injectors are 4.9.  Thinking about having HPI bore out the t/b then probably go to 5.3 injectors.