April 27, 2024, 08:50:49 AM

News:

For advertising inquiries or help with registration or other issues, you may contact us by email at help@harleytechtalk.com

fuel injection to carborator swap

Started by branas123, April 25, 2011, 10:14:13 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

branas123

i have a 07 fire bolt 1200 engine i am putting in my sportster and i am having to carborate it,  how do i wire it, the wiring harness for the sportster is different, like the cam position sensor on the buell engine has 3 wires and the sportster has 5. is there a kit to buy, i bought buell manual but it doesnt have what each individual wires are. how do i wire it?

panhead_dan

I would look into something like a Dyna ignition and just delete the cam position sensor as well as all the others and the ECM.

I know this isn't much help but I am very interestd in your project. Please post up progress.

Midas

Quote from: panhead_dan on April 29, 2011, 07:12:01 AM
I would look into something like a Dyna ignition and just delete the cam position sensor as well as all the others and the ECM.

I know this isn't much help but I am very interestd in your project. Please post up progress.

I converted an XR1200 to carb using a German (AMM - P3 HIGH-PERFORMANCE. MOTORCYCLE IGNITION) ignition unit, the XR uses the crank sensor and does not have a cam sensor, so I would advise you contact this guy to see if his ignition unit will work on the Buell

http://www.amm.haan.de/