May 09, 2024, 01:12:30 AM

News:

For advertising inquiries or help with registration or other issues, you may contact us by email at help@harleytechtalk.com

2 questions- TTS - 2PC's and .mt6

Started by DavePard, April 25, 2011, 06:42:32 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

DavePard

Wanting to use my Acer 1 Netbook to run DataMaster and Mastertune. I've been using my big laptop with O2/LED's and am not willing to disable hard-drive protection, so DataMaster won't record. It always stops recording before I hit 15 mph. No, it's not going to sleep, the hard drive locks because of bumps.

So how do I install the program on my netbook too. I don't think I can install from the CD and then run updater. That will install the latest version, I think.

I read here somewhere that the latest MasterTune version won't run the .mt6 files, for my 2004 RK. It's still in open loop days and did my own tune over 200 now... and still fine adjustments left to do. Running pretty good though.
I'm not ready to spend the money to closed-loop it, though I know that's easier and better. But, I just spent $1,000.00 on tires, belt, sprockets and brakes. Thanks

Tsani

Don't upgrade it to the new software version and you will be fine. But I am running a MT8 on my 05.
ᏣᎳᎩ ᎤᏕᏅ ᎠᏴ ᎠᎩᎸᏗ ᏔᎷᎩᏍᎩ ᎠᏂᏐᏈᎵ
ᎠᏎᏊᎢ Leonard Peltier

lonewolf

I luckily didn't upgrade my notebook when the MT8's came out so I just put the older version, with maps and calibrations on a thumb drive. I can then run either version on my other computers.

DavePard

Thanks.

OK I copied them to an SD card. Both PC's have a slot for that. So I can save to that.

Am I stuck using Mastertune V1.0 (from the CD)? I like the look of 1.6. Updater only has option to 1.7 that I can see.

DavePard