May 06, 2024, 10:31:33 PM

News:

For advertising inquiries or help with registration or other issues, you may contact us by email at help@harleytechtalk.com

SERT with Vista?

Started by hdxbones, January 02, 2009, 01:57:33 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

hdxbones

January 02, 2009, 01:57:33 PM Last Edit: January 03, 2009, 06:24:35 AM by hdxbones
Got a new laptop with Vista platform, and had read there were some issues with SERT software and Vista. Have things been cleared up, or should I just keep my SERT stuff on the old XP laptop?

hdxbones

burgies08ultra

i have vista on this laptop and sert seems to work just fine, i have not used it to upload or do data runs though,
but i do play with the maps, etc on this one... i use an older laptop for data runs with windows 2000.
burgie
2013 road glide,2009 road king

hdxbones

The battery is shot in the old laptop- I don't want to spend $100 on it just for data runs if  Vista and SERT software are OK now....And I sure don't want to brick the ECM during an upload.....

Scotty

I had v4.77 work on Vista Ultimate Edition and it seemed to work ok.
Other people have reported issues.............

Don't use it now that I have gone to the TTS and that works fine on Vista

hdxbones

Loaded 4.77 and opened some files- all seems OK. Have to try some data runs next...

NotaFATBOB

vista sucks they should never quit xp whats up with that? vista does not play well with others.

Steve Cole

We manufactured and design the SERT software but never was it tested to be Vista compatible. Since we did not test it for Vista operation there could be some problems. People seem to have a hit or miss from what we have been told but understand using it with Vista you do so at your own risk. If it appears to be working I would recommend you run the data logging side on the bike before you try to program with it first.
The Best you know, is the Best you've had........ not necessarily the Best.

jabarr

I have been using SERT and TTS on many different bikes with Vista and have encountered no problems. SEST is a different story but it doesn't seem to only be with Vista.  Same problems are seen when using XP on a different dyno.

hdxbones

Stuck here in the frozen Northeast- haven't had a chance to try any data logging yet....

Steve Cole

jabarr

The TTS Mastertune set of programs were fully checked out on Vista so it should run just fine.
The Best you know, is the Best you've had........ not necessarily the Best.

jrw

Running Vista Home Premium on HP Pavilion notebook. Runs SERT programs with no problems. Reads ECM, programs ECM, Data runs on the road with computer in tour pack... everything, and to this point, no issues.

hdxbones

Thanks- If this F***ing snow ever melts, I'll try some data runs....

waskier01

My laptop with vista is running SERT 4.77, DTT TSII+, TTS Mastertune.  All work without fault.  At least without faults induced by me.

sportygordy

I have a laptop running Vista with service pak 2 and have no problems running SERT or MasterTune.

HD/Wrench

Being that I have both XP and vista here is what I have seen. In my office i have XP with the TTS installed/ dyno has vista again with the TTS installed. On vista there are times I loose my map files for what ever reason and have to go looking for them. :angry: Also much more picky about data mode, you need to make sure you turn it off when done or the system has a chit fit. Other than that Vista has been fine.