May 03, 2024, 11:32:50 PM

News:

For advertising inquiries or help with registration or other issues, you may contact us by email at help@harleytechtalk.com

Final Drive Belt

Started by AllanW, January 02, 2009, 06:33:57 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

AllanW

Im putting a 07 swingarm on a 00 glide. Im going to put new pulleys front and rear, so I can do away with the 1.5" belt. What size and year model is the strongest, I have heard that the newer belts were stronger.

Thanks
Allan

calif phil

I would use the 2005-2006 1" 1/8th belt and pulley. Sometime I am going to change my 2003 to that size.

AllanW

Anyone know how wide the side car belt is? How many cogs or teeth?

TIA
Allan

Mix01FLHT

Did you have to change your tranny case to change the swingarm??
01FLHT/95/HTCCcnc/.03hg/S&S585/mik48/THeadhybred/SErollerrockers/chainfinaldrive

AllanW

No, I'm going to use a .7550 reamer to allow for the .750 pivot shaft on the 07 swingarm.

Allan

CrazyRay

Allen, keep us posted on how it goes. I am still dealing with my cracked '99 swingarm. Did a little welding and beefed it up a bit, but it's still not good enough because it is not finished. I had limited time with a welder and will get back to it soon. I am riding it though.  :smilep: Call me crazy, well a lot of people do, but I just had to mister! Jonesin when the temp hit 74 the other day.

AllanW

AllanW

Anymore suggestions? Need to get this stuff ordered. :crook:

Allan

xzo124

The new 20MM belt is  made of carbon fiber and is stronger than all belts prior, but need to change both pulleys.

CrazyRay

AllanW

Quote from: xzo124 on January 06, 2009, 05:20:11 AM
The new 20MM belt is  made of carbon fiber and is stronger than all belts prior, but need to change both pulleys.

Do you know what year model uses the 20mm belt? Or better yet what year they started using the 20mm belt.

Thanks
Allan