Using a 01-05 HPI Throttle body in a 06 Dyna

Started by tireater, November 03, 2008, 05:25:00 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

tireater

I know I need a couple EV1 Female to Delphi Mini Male adapters for the injector wires. I have 04 heads with the right intake collars. What else is different? thanks
Ride it...Break it...Fix it...Repeat...

bbqjmaki

Tireater,
Call HPI before you start this venture, I did this on a 05 ultra with a friend, Did not work because the TPI sensor will not calibrate with the ECM something about count and resistance anyway got way deep after about 20 hrs of work ! ended up trading with HPI for right year model and a little money  ;D. Now very happy with HPI Good folks to deal with.
John

tireater

So you tried a 06 T.B. in a 05 and it didn't work...? right...I will call HPI tomorrow and ask for some advice...Thanks...

bbqjmaki

Yes we tried and tried and it DID NOT work, HPI will help you out nice folks to deal with

FL103Dave

There are people on this board who have installed the 06 & later on an earlier bike.  IIRC, the wiring for the TPS needs to be changed and there may be a few other things to change.  There is a post on the MSN site about this...

tireater

I guess I could use it on my 05 FLHT...and get a bigger one for my 103" St Bob...
I have a 95", 04 Deweys pro st heads WITH GROOVES, 0 deck height, .030 com hg, And 37 G,Weisco 9-1 flattops, 9.8 CR,  Ness BS2 and Thunder Trapp muffler...PC3 on the bagger...
It runs about 96/99...Would putting a 48mm HPI TH do much for this build...? Thanks