Putting on 30 tooth comp. sprocket on the 06 St Bob...

Started by tireater, November 03, 2008, 05:32:33 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

tireater

Is there a downside to getting rid of the 3 piece stock shock absorbing comp. pulley? I'm sure Harley put it there for a reason...
Ride it...Break it...Fix it...Repeat...

road-dawgs1

There is a little more vibration, but on a tourer with the IDS you don't really notice it.  I have the EVO 30 tooth in mine and love the get up and go that it gave it.
'24 FLTRX Sharkskin blue

tireater

Does it make starting the motor harder due to the lower speed it turns over...?

bigpete1

no it does not make it start harder ,it should actualy be easier on starter with smaller front gear if my thinking is right ,i have this on my 06 dyna no problems at all ,

tireater

Making the front sprocket smaller makes it harder on the starter by the same %. I have comp. releases and it fires right up. Bike is a rocket ship 103"...110/115..Redyno on Sat. Thanks!

bigpete1

it actually makes motor spin over faster ,same reason why motor turns more rpms at lower speed ,i run over 10.5 with woods 7 cam no releases heads have plugs for them never any issues with starting problems so have never put releases in .

GoFast.....

Quote from: bigpete1 on November 04, 2008, 03:43:42 PM
it actually makes motor spin over faster ,same reason why motor turns more rpms at lower speed ,i run over 10.5 with woods 7 cam no releases heads have plugs for them never any issues with starting problems so have never put releases in .

The bike will be quicker and it will change the RPM RANGE. Also the chain puts more force on the adjuster unless you go with a shorter chain
Nothing like the Sound of a Harley and the Smell of Rubber