May 06, 2024, 05:25:09 AM

News:

For advertising inquiries or help with registration or other issues, you may contact us by email at help@harleytechtalk.com

Couple Things I need an opinion on.

Started by Magnumwideglide, January 03, 2009, 07:41:16 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Magnumwideglide

2000 FXDWG 25k:
     I have changed the voltage regulator about 1-2 yrs ago to an Accel.  Should I change the stator just for prev maint?  Sometimes I do this and then wonder if the 2nd unit didn't prematurely fail and wish I woulda stuck with the original.
     I also have the same engine motor mounts.  Should I change the front one as prev maint as well?

Sonny S.

I've got a 2000 FXDWG with 50-54K on it. I did a regulator about 5K ago but still original Stator and mounts. Front mount is pretty stout, unlike the FLH mount. Your call but I would'nt worry about it.
If your stator goes out in the middle of BFE don't be ticked at me though  :wink:

Mike52

I follow the advice of the old wise man, "if it ain't broke, don't try to fix it".

Mike
Mike52   Tampa Bay,FL
www.harleytechtalk.net

FSG

Quotethe middle of BFE ...

In Oz we have a lot of BFN, with the N being nowhere, what does the US version E mean?

Scotty

I'm thinking E is for elsewhere otherwise I just gave myself a brain siezure for nothing  :hyst:

jayjaywideglide

You don't state how many miles you have on the bike.  I have a '99 WG and at 100,000 miles, my stator went out and my battery was getting weak (all original parts).  I went ahead and replaced all three at the same time as I travel to many areas where parts would be hard to get and the cost of replacing the regulator was more than made up by the confort of not worrying about it.  I also replaced the front engine mount, too, as it was it was getting very worn out with too much up/down movement.  Trouble free electrical system and now have over 130,000 on it.

FSG

Quote from: Scotty on January 03, 2009, 11:41:59 PM
I'm thinking E is for elsewhere otherwise I just gave myself a brain siezure for nothing  :hyst:

I was thinking of elsewhere but it just didn't seem to roll of the tongue very well so thought perhaps it was something else and would ask.  Waiting:    :pop:

Tre_11 FLHX

Sirgarfield-
Believe BFE is Bum F*&^#@ Egypt   :wink:
11 103 FLHX-TW555 cams,10.5:1, FM 2-1-2 ex, FM heads, VPC, JP mufflers, PV tuner

Magnumwideglide

Thanks all.  I'll just check the front engine mount again.  I'll keep mulling over the stator, but if originals can go twice the miles, although the age is the same, I dunno.  Jay Jay 25K, meaning 25,000 miles on the bike.