May 06, 2024, 09:12:16 AM

News:

What options for HTCC intake?

Started by fatandfast00, January 04, 2009, 03:15:58 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

fatandfast00

Hello all,

Was just wondering if there were any other options for running an intake on HTCC heads. I remember awhile ago someone was testing HTCC intakes on non-HTCC heads with fairly good results, but never heard of anyone using a non HTCC intake on HTCC heads. Thanks.

FAT and FAST

HarleyFranco

I know that the htcc intake is narrowed to match the intake port on the htcc head.  If you use a non htcc intake you will have a step in the intake which might cause a problem.

Hope this helps.

Frank

Gomer

I'm running an HTCC intake on non-HTCC heads, I sent my HTCC intake to AMS and they flow bench tested it to see the difference to a stock one. Can't find the info now on flow they sent back to me. But if I remember correctly it was not all that different from stock. The reason I used it was to help increase velocity. 92 horse and 97 torque with a 26g cam on a superflow dyno, tuner could not believe it, so I would say it worked for me.

This isn't really the answer to the question you asked but more a response to the second part of your statement that someone was testing this.

AMS Ported Heads, 84cc Chambers
.030 Cometic Head Gasket
95" w/ K&B Flat Tops
SE Adj. Pushrods
Andrews 26G
”HTCC” EFI Intake
Ness Big Sucker AC
Feuling Cam Plate
Feuling Lifters
Feuling Oil Pump
PCIII USB
V&H ProPipe 2:1, Ceramic Coated Header
SE Six Speed

92hp/97tq

barny7655

Just remember there are two inlets for the httc heads one is D shaped, the other for the httc cnc ported head, they use the old style evo intake to suit 42 and 45 mikuni, the D shaped one fits the D saped inlet on the normal httc heads,they have two different coloured seals,one for normal CV or  42, the other 45 mikuni,others will chime in on #  i have one sitting all ready for my build, and have ported httc heads with releases, and the 99 evo intake, a new 45 mikuni the intake pn# is S/E 29637-99 thats the open one the other has a D shape that faces the head for the other httc heads, cheers Barny
riding since 62, BSA bantum the first bike