May 02, 2024, 05:21:28 AM

News:

OIL PRESSURE SENDER

Started by roadkingdresser, January 04, 2009, 04:16:52 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

roadkingdresser

SEEM TO BE HAVING A PROBLEM WITH  OIL SENDERS. S&S BILET PUMP.HAVE REPLACED SENDER COUPLE TIMES IN LAST YEAR. HAD THE ORIGANAL ONE ON FOREVER-1966,TILL THE STUD STARTED TO LEAK OIL. FUNNY THING IS THEY DON'T LEAK WHEN THE BIKE IS RUNNING. HAD IT COVERED UP FOR THE WINTER AND NOTICED OIL LEAKING. GOT TO CHECKING-SURE ENOUGH OUT THE END.NOT SURE WHERE I GOT THE LAST ONE. ANYBODY HAVE THIS PROBLEM? AND WHAT IS A GOOD REPLACEMENT?THANKS.:emsad:
roadkingdresser

pappyfreebird

nevar had that prolem.... last one bought n stuck on sled that dint have one was a 12$ stocker fum a buds shop..

easyricer

The only ones I've ever seen leak were the ones I broke trying to take the wire off to fix something.  I usually just get a replacement from Autozone or another local parts house.
EASY
Just ride the damned thing!

roadkingdresser

well i know i didn't over titen .little thread tape and finger tite. took the wire off with fingers also. the 12 bucks i don't mind, just don't want to have the thing leak going down the road. and don't want to have to replace every couple months. some body surely makes something good in this damn chinese -japanese-made in korea -mexico. whatever happen to made in the good old U.S.A? NO WANDERTHE WORLD IS F###ED UP! thanks.  :wtf:
roadkingdresser