May 09, 2024, 02:13:19 AM

News:

For advertising inquiries or help with registration or other issues, you may contact us by email at help@harleytechtalk.com

Unheard of November riding weather in Colorado/New Mexico

Started by Dubyadoc, November 03, 2008, 06:28:57 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dubyadoc

Well, I thought my chance to ride from Colorado Springs to Albuquerque was done for the season, but lo and behold, the forecast for Nov 1st and 2nd was 72 degrees and sunny all along the front range.  So, off I went on my faithful '04 Fatboy, with 36 K miles, and not bothering to worry about the much maligned cam chain tensioners which I have not yet checked. (Ignorance is bliss.)  I rode 800 miles round trip on Saturday and Sunday, passing the famous sights of Bishop's Castle in the Wet Mountains, the Spanish Peaks by La Veta, Colorado, historic San Luis,  sunny Taos in the Rio Grande Valley, Santa Fe, and finally my destination of Albuquerque.  I had dinner with my brother and his family, slept like a log, awoke to a fine breakfast and then retraced my steps back to Colorado Springs.  No problems with my Fatboy and I do believe it runs its best at 80 mph on the Interstate.  The worst part of the trip was having to put up with a temp of 81 degrees in Pueblo, CO - got a little warm in my leathers.  So I just increased my speed to cool things off!   This has to be one of the premier rides in the contiguous 48.  I highly recommend it.

sfarson

November 03, 2008, 08:53:09 PM #1 Last Edit: November 03, 2008, 09:21:30 PM by Fatboy_SirGarfield
Excellent.  I was on a scoot today over Kenosha Pass on Hwy 285 through South Park.  Incredibly lonely and beautiful.

Here was the pause at bustling Jefferson....

Gunney8

Didn't ride to Albuquerque but did put on about 230 miles just skooting around the Colorado Springs front range on Sat. Last year late Oct early Nov we were in a blizzard, and I didn't ride again until about Apr !!! Hope to get in at least 1 more good week end before the snow... (we did have about a 3 day cold spell before the week end and my sprinkler system froze up and blew a gasket....$32 repair... but better than the head gasket I blew going to Sturgis a couple of years ago..lol..