May 04, 2024, 07:15:04 AM

News:

For advertising inquiries or help with registration or other issues, you may contact us by email at help@harleytechtalk.com

TTS...colors versus numbers

Started by 07heri, May 31, 2011, 01:27:22 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

07heri

Had way too much fun this weekend but back to tuning.  I ran my 4th data run today and got quite a few cells that went from white to red.  When comparing to the 3rd run the VE numbers increased for the most part but turned to red.  I'm assuming this is telling me that I still need to do more runs.  But why were the cells white...white...white...and now red?  What would cause the larger increase on the 4th run.  It seems rather than starting to stable out the VE numbers they are changing more.

Also, It's becoming apparent that I need to be looking at the change in the actual cell number as well as the color and keep making data runs until I get BOTH white AND numbers that stay pretty stable.  I'm guessing there will never be a time when they stay exactly the same due to environmental factors.  if I'm correct in this thinking how many runs should I have, towards the end, where the numbers looks pretty stable before I finally use that map as a permanent one.
2016 Heritage
Stage 1

Steve Cole

What changes if any did you make between runs? The Colors in Vtune are in % of change to the old value so if you look along the top of the screen it shows what colors are what amount of change. If you made no changes to the calibration between runs I would not expect large changes but a change of 5% is common for different days and different tanks of fuel with different riding conditions.
The Best you know, is the Best you've had........ not necessarily the Best.

07heri

May 31, 2011, 02:15:22 PM #2 Last Edit: May 31, 2011, 02:23:15 PM by 07heri
Steve, I made no changes to the cal or the bike.  I rode it with the 3rd merged (tables returned to original) cal over the weekend then returned to the 3rd merged cal from the last 3rd data run to make the 4th run today.  All I can think of would be 92 octane in it now and 93 on the first 3 runs.  And also the temp outside is higher today.

BTW the increased VE numbers were in the 3,4,5,6% increase ranges.  I may be over-thinking this, if I am please tell me.  I was hoping to get 2 or 3 solid white runs or maybe a couple pink before going final with VE's.  I'm thinking that would be a good stopping point rather than relying, and stopping on, the first good white table that pops up. Thanks

07heri 

2016 Heritage
Stage 1

Steve Cole

I doubt you will get 2 or 3 all white runs. If you get 1 run that everything is less than 5% it's good to go. Also make sure to only merge the data and the calibration it was taken from. You should not merge any other parts together.
The Best you know, is the Best you've had........ not necessarily the Best.

07heri

Yes, I'm just merging the previously generated map with the new data run.  Made 2 more runs tonight and only had 2 or 3 pink cells (3.5 - 4k rpm range) on each run so all is well.  Now on to checking the timing.  Thanks for the responses.
2016 Heritage
Stage 1