April 26, 2024, 11:56:51 PM

News:

HD boots at Sears

Started by zj1182, January 05, 2009, 07:44:23 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

zj1182

Am I way out of touch?

I was desperate for something to read in the head and was flipping through the Sears flyer that came with the Sunday paper.  Saw HD workboots advertised on sale for $89.95 reg. $115 (# 84850 Brakelight and # 72004 Faded Glory).  I KNOW there are no boots under $100 at the HD dealers!

LOL, is this something new or am I just "behind" on my reading?

Only other time I've seen HD merchandise outside a dealer is when the local gas and convenience store had a full sized presentation of HD Beef Jerky, and I felt so proud to be wearing a HD cap!

zj

tireater

I saw the boots when shopping at Sears...Grainger has a full line of harley welding stuff...
Ride it...Break it...Fix it...Repeat...

Bigs

I get my Harley boots at Super Shoes.
   Bigs

MrClean

H-D boots at Farm & Fleet and Fleet Farm.  Minnesota and Wiscnsin.
These are the facts according to my opinions.

ViennaHog

Flat Dog

Same stuff sans the MoCo logo, and lots cheaper:

http://www.mmccleather.com

zj1182

Viennahog:

Sorry, HD as in Harley-Davidson.

Forgot we have an international membership!

zj

Panzer

ZJ1182,
Your out of touch just a tad......not worth mentioning.
Suggest you spend more time on the hopper with up to date reading material.  :hyst:
When your butt starts to go numb........you're up to date.  :crook:
Everyone wants to change the world but, no one wants to change the toilet paper.

PoorUB

Quote from: zj1182 on January 05, 2009, 07:44:23 AM
Am I way out of touch?

Only other time I've seen HD merchandise outside a dealer is when the local gas and convenience store had a full sized presentation of HD Beef Jerky, and I felt so proud to be wearing a HD cap!

zj

Get out of the house more often! Or maybe get off the bike once in a while! HD logo'd stuff is all over! You would be surprised where you can buy HD stuff.
I am an adult?? When did that happen, and how do I make it stop?!

codyshop

A few years ago while researching a legal issue, the wife and I went to the local Walmart and found one hundred and twenty-seven Harley-Davidson branded items in every possible department.  My favorite was their line of disposable diapers.  Sad, but true...  Ray

Baggerlady

I was in Wal-Mart the other day and saw sheet sets with the H-D logo on them. You won't find that stuff in the shops, but you can get it at Wal-Mart! :rose:

harleyjt

Its been a while, probably 8 yrs ago, Walmart was selling HD caps.  Various logos.  Official licensed product. They had them mixed in with all the other ball caps. Seems to me they were about $5 each.  And about the same general timeframe, we bought several rolls of HD Christmas wrapping paper at Target.  Officially licensed product.  Whatever rings the cash register for them.....  Its all about revenue.
jt
2017 Ultra Classic - Mysterious Red/Velocity Red

Bruno-Katz Fokkerpilot

HD boots in Sears,  Haynes Mall, Winston Salem NC from $ 60.00
Ibought a pair of "Willie G s" last year and still trying to break the sons of bitches in....... :cry:
Peace...those brief moments in history when everyone stands around reloading....

Deye76

zj,  Meijer stores have been selling H-D boots for at least 4 years. IIRC the "Faded Glory" were $89.00. Dealers want over $100.00.
East Tenn.<br /> 2020 Lowrider S Touring, 2014 CVO RK,  1992 FXRP

EZGlider

Somebody say Harley boots cheap??????

http://www.bargainoutfitters.com/net/browse/browse.aspx?c=11&b=HARLEY+DAVIDSON&dc=11&search=GO

Personally, I'd check their Chippewa or Rocky or other "duty boot" sections though.

EZ :up:

hotham

It can't be very handy to leave your boots at Sears.  Do you do this every time you take them off ?