April 27, 2024, 12:27:44 AM

News:

Mean City Cycles Seat Modifications

Started by twincamzz, January 05, 2009, 08:41:37 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

twincamzz

January 05, 2009, 08:41:37 AM Last Edit: January 05, 2009, 09:09:30 AM by twincamzz
Just got off the phone with Brett at Mean City Cycles. I'm sending him the touring seat off of my old FLHTC to have the Comfort Rider modification done to it. ( I now own an '02 FLTR & wanted a better seat for touring with the wife ) They shape the riders area, then add a gel pad & 2" of memory foam. Also going to have them do the Passenger seat area to keep the little woman happy too.

I called ahead to make a reservation as their website suggests & was pleasantly surprised to hear that they could get to it on the 21st of this month ! I'll be certain to keep y'all informed as to how the deal goes. If this works out as planned I think I will have a much better seat than I could buy anywhere for the price. I've tried the Mustang & Corbin seats & have been fairly happy however this time I thought I would give this a shot. For around 400.00 it seems to be a pretty good deal seeing as how I already had the seat laying around the garage.

Anyone else here ever have their seat modified by Mean City Cycles ? If so, were you satisfied with the work, turn around time, etc ?
not all who wander are lost...

Scooterfish

Yep. memory foam added to my  Heritage seat a couple of years ago. Allen is a good guy to deal with  :up:
Northern Indiana

FSG

Yep, Allen the owner is super helpful, a good guy to deal/talk with and I'd expect his staff to be the same.   :up:

Ed Y

Yep, me too. Got the stock seat from my 99 FLHT done by them. Didn't think they could improve on a Saddleman Road Sofa but they did. Also much better in comfort for the wife. :up: :up:

twincamzz

not all who wander are lost...