May 08, 2024, 12:49:10 AM

News:

For advertising inquiries or help with registration or other issues, you may contact us by email at help@harleytechtalk.com

107 pc3 map

Started by ONEFASTBAGGER, June 05, 2011, 05:59:59 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ONEFASTBAGGER

Anybody out there got a map that will get me thru the summer!  05 rkc 107" ported heads above 10:1 comp and 5g cam.  I want to thundermax it this coming winter. Cant scrape up the cash for one right now, and really don't want to waste the cash on dyno time.  any help would be appreciated.

HogBag

I found with my old PC3 on my 2006 dyna the best way to find a close map was to try them all and pick the one that runs the best overall. I spent a couple days experimenting with different maps until I found one that suited my bike. I had the local dyno shop do a couple runs with my bike to make sure it wasn't running to lean.
Good luck

slik rik

I asked over at v-twin for one hopefully the dynojet guy will send one over and I'll post it here
Lots of toys, but no time

FLTRI

Quote from: ONEFASTBAGGER on June 05, 2011, 05:59:59 PM
Anybody out there got a map that will get me thru the summer!  05 rkc 107" ported heads above 10:1 comp and 5g cam.  I want to thundermax it this coming winter. Cant scrape up the cash for one right now, and really don't want to waste the cash on dyno time.  any help would be appreciated.
You're kidding right?
You cannot expect reliability and performance from a canned map from another build...even if is has:
1) Same CI
2) Same porting and flow numbers
3) Same cam profile
4) Same intake size
5) Same exhaust system
Even if all those variables are the same there is no substitute for proper fuel/timing calibration for your engine and it idiosyncrasies.
For example: Unless you calibrate your injectors to the same output as the injectors the calibration was written for and tuned to, it's only a guess and should be good enough to get it to a qualified, experienced tuner.
Unless your exhaust is the same as the one the cal was written for it can be w-a-a-a-ay off.
Unless you cam is the exact cam the cal was written for it can also be w-a-a-a-ay off.
Bob
The best we've experienced is the best we know
Always keep eyes and mind open